Facility: REEVES COUNTY DETENTION CENTER (I & II)
Compensation Base: $16.25
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Distributes and collects incoming mail. Collects and processes outgoing mail. Responsibilities include determining, affixing, and recording postage on registered mail and packages. Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Inspects and seals all outgoing detainee mail. Logs and inspects all detainee packages.
- Sorts, locates, opens, inspects and bundles all incoming detainee mail and publications.
- Distributes all inter-office mail for the facility departments and detainees.
- Documents, processes, and files all incoming/outgoing mail denials.
- Logs and processes all incoming/outgoing legal, special, medial and certified mail.
- Operates postage machine and other mailroom office machines.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED certificate.
- Demonstrated experience in office procedures and related clerical duties.
- Ability to interact in a professional manner in both individual and group settings.
- Ability to work with a team of inmates and have the ability to implement team strategy approaches to work assignments.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to understand and carry out moderately complex oral and written instructions; to make minor decisions in accordance with rules and regulations as they apply to work problems; to maintain company records; and to meet and deal effectively with the public and inmates.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.
Maintain Billing Log
Process Legal Mail
See the next step in your career
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: 11992/10961/50682
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
The GEO Group is the world’s leading provider of correctional, detention, community reentry, and electronic monitoring services to federal, state and local government agencies. With operations in the United States, Australia, South Africa, and the United Kingdom; GEO offers a diversified array of turnkey services which include design, construction, financing, and operations. Our unique approach allows GEO to provide high-quality and cost-effective services with state-of-the-art designs, innovative management solution, and industry-leading, evidence-based offender rehabilitation programs.
View the full profile
Not Ready to Apply?