To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Vestal, NY 13850
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Training Supervisor-Electric Operations
AVANGRID, Inc • Vestal, NY
Posted 1 month ago
The Training Supervisor – Electric Operations is responsible for the planning, execution and assessment of progression training programs, federal and state required training programs and other programs required or needed related to our Electric Operations functional area. The Training Supervisor directs and supports the activities of their team to build and support their overall effectiveness and career growth within the Company. It is critical for our Training Supervisor to build and cultivate internal and external customer relationships in order to support the future growth of the Company.
MAJOR ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervises, guides, and directs the activities of training staff, as well as other personnel and contractors providing training services. Evaluates and coaches training team for increased engagement and effectiveness.
- Oversees and participates in the development and delivery of training programs in response to organizational needs. Ensures programs are practical and cost-effective.
- Actively engage to align and/or execute efficiency to increase effectiveness of the training team
- Assists the applicable organizational unit with annual business planning, training budget development and management, expense tracking, and scheduling personnel for training in a manner that minimizes the impact on company operations.
- Monitors the effectiveness of training programs. Conducts ongoing evaluations and recommends modifications and process improvements to increase cost-effectiveness.
- Assist applicable organization with daily communications and operational support as necessary. Assist with system emergency restoration activities.
- Required to support emergency operations when necessary
Skills and Requirements
Education & Experience Required:
- 4+ years relevant experience in training, management, and/or combination of both
- Bachelors Degree preferred or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Working knowledge of the energy and power industry, specifically electric operations
- Experience in planning, project management and organizational skills
- Working knowledge of applicable Federal and State Regulations (HEFPA, OSHA, etc.) and applicable training subject matter.
- Exceptional experience in building, sustaining and growing collaborative internal and external relationships
- Experience leading people and/or teams in a formal or informal capacity
- Experience in utility, energy, and/or power industries
- Experience working in a formal management system, including following and improving standard operating procedures
- Experience in a global organization executing global and local initiatives
Additional Success Factors:
- Ability to navigate and success in a highly matrixed reporting structure, preferably at an international company
- Strong prioritization skills with the ability to operate in a complex, rapidly changing business environment with typically tight schedules and demanding targets
- Ability to foster and participate in a productive environment by establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with team members, co-workers, managers, customers, contractors and vendors
- Effectively provides and receives information orally in individual and group situations. Written expression is clear, concise, and conveys desired message
- Ability to analyze project risks and proactively identify solutions with a flexible, creative, and solution-focused outlook on problem-solving.
AVANGRID’s employment practices and policies are geared to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. At AVANGRID we provide fair and equal employment and advancement opportunities for all employees and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Learn more about equal employment by following this link
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who is unable to use our online tool to search for or to apply for jobs, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting our Human Resources department at 203-499-2777 or firstname.lastname@example.org