Are you interested in joining our growing operation in our new facility located in Elgin, IL? Our Pet Segment is seeking a first shift Assembler to be a part of our Kaytee division based Elgin, IL. Your primary role is to assemble Kaytee branded pet products. If you find your skills match the qualifications we are seeking below, we invite you to apply for this position!
Central Garden & Pet Company (NASDAQ:CENT and CENTA), is a leading innovator, marketer and producer of quality branded products for the pet, lawn and garden supplies markets.
Please see our web site for additional company information – URL blocked - click to apply MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Initially, this role will also be assisting with unloading containers and palletizing product as we stock this new facility and prepare for full operations.
- You will be responsible for assembling injection molded pieces of pet products and boxing them in preparation for shipping to customers such as Petco, PetSmart, Walmart, and other animal product retailers.
- Assemble, tape and glue boxes.
- Place QC stamp on boxes and best to use by labels according to expiration date.
- Sort and pack items.
- Assemble small animal products into cage kits or other items (rabbit cages, hamster toys, etc.).
- Pack required accessories for kits (ex: hooks, coupons, shelves and bowls).
- Place cage wire in boxes along with accessory kits.
- Count left over parts from orders.
- Continuous housekeeping of work area.
IDEAL CANDIDATE ATTRIBUTES
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Work is performed in a manufacturing/warehouse environment.
- Work temperatures can vary due to outside temperatures.
- Hours of work will generally be during regular business hours (on each respective shift) and average at least 40 hours a week.
- There may be some variation in work hours due to overtime, special projects, deadlines, and other concerns.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Study Assembly Instruction
Use Hand Tool
Inspect Small Part
Study Part List
Study Blueprint Specification
Perform Assembly Task