Mortgage underwriter REMOTE
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Sara Bezjian
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply on company site" button and sending us your resume.
Salary: $80,000 - $110,000 per yearA bit about us:
Looking for candidates to work remote from anywhere in the US, we are the nation’s largest non-bank mortgage lender and we’re here to keep the dream of home ownership alive. Oh, and while we’re at it, we’re determined to change the lending industry itself. It’s simple, but it won’t be easy and we’ll need a great team behind us. (That’s where you come in.)
We want to show the world that transparency, candor and collaboration aren’t just good values. They’re good business. Working here isn’t for people who want to punch a clock. It’s for people who want to punch a hole in the status quo. Come join us. And make a difference instead of just a living.Why join us?
We offer a comprehensive compensation package including but not limited to:
- A base salary ranging from $75K-$110K (DOE)
- Full benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision) Kicks in Day One
- 401K with match
- PTO 16 days + 8 holiday + 4 floating (2 floating January and 2 in July)
- 100% Remote position + training
- UW3 average 58K incentive
- UW2 50k in incentive
**Ability to work 100% remote**Job Details
- Analyzing highly complex financial and credit information according to internal underwriting standards, investor guidelines, and federal regulations
- Underwriting a wide variety of product and loan types with a higher aggregate credit exposure including underwriting exceptions not determined through DU.
- Compiling, analyzing, and documenting loan data and credit risk, borrower and property information.
- Review more complex loans requiring exceptions.
- Providing strong and clear communication to processors, underwriters, mortgage professionals and borrowers regarding documents needed for mortgage loan files to ensure quick turnaround time.
- Providing training and assistance to Underwriters I and Underwriters II to assist with performance improvement and developmental opportunities.
- Adhering to all applicable internal NPI policies and procedures, and protects the confidentiality of borrower information.
MUST HAVE, experience with majority of the following:
- Graduation from a 4-years college or university with major course work in a discipline related to the requirements OR relevant working experience
- Analysis skills in the areas of credit, layered risk, and income.
- Ability to underwriting loans at a national level and in all markets.
- FHA - Direct Endorsement (DE) designation required
- SAR LAPP high volume loans
- Experience with word processing beneficial. Prefer experience with TMO.
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply on company site" button.