Responsible for ensuring the continued plant adherence to the quality plan. Provide technical support to all plant personnel as required while maintaining incoming, in process, and outgoing quality. Interprets quality standards, conducts capability studies, troubleshoot quality problems, and provide prompt corrective action to rectify quality issues. Works within established policies, procedures, practices, and regulations.
- Schedule and conduct MSA’s on all testing procedures. Communicate results and work with other facilities to make appropriate corrections until MSA’s are passed.
- Coordination with plant and corporate engineering all capability studies (short term and long term).
- Verify that proper testing techniques are complied with – Operators, QA, and Supervisors.
- Responsible for warranty and customer returns being evaluated, documented, and proper corrective action forms are filled out and submitted on time.
- Responsible for the coordination and completion of PPAP parts through the plant process – manufacturing feasibility for supplied components and compliance to Exide procedures for manufactured parts.
- Participation in the APQP process of new product and process development.
- Revisions to Control Plans, Process Flow Diagrams, and current testing techniques
- Participation in PFMEA reviews and development of new testing requirements
- Voice of customer requirements
- Responsible for control plan updates and monitor conformance to all items.
- Shared responsibility with plant process engineering that all PFMEA’s are updated with related documentation.
- Manage all customer complaints and work with Supervisors and Operations to respond and drive corrective actions to closure.
- Coordinate the data collection and report out of all customer required data reports.
- Coordinate the data collection and report out of the Exide PSR (Process Stability Ratio).
- Work with the team on problem solving initiatives and link actions and outcomes to Control Plans, PFMEA’s, plant inspection points, and Customer returns.
- Manage and communicate any changes or replacement of work instructions.
- Coordinate efforts with teams for corrective action resolution on internal KPI’s and external customer issues (assembly plant complaint and warranty initiatives)
- Work within established policies, procedures, practices, and regulations.
- Determine departmental training needs and assist in the development of training documentation.
- Provide day to day quality and technical support to all manufacturing disciplines and quality assurance in the form of quality plans, procedures and engineering support.
- Evaluate employee workmanship, production processes, rework procedures, and measurement equipment to ensure they are under control and capable of producing a consistent quality product. Verify conformity to plant quality plan and effect appropriate corrective action.
- Provide feedback on quality concerns in the form of action plan reports capable of establishing permanent corrective action.
- Analyze non-conforming product and internal failure (scrap/rework) cost to develop an action plan report capable of reducing manufacturing costs.
- Coordinate usage of statistical process control techniques with SPC Coordinator to ensure SPC procedures are achieving the desired effect in improving product quality and reducing manufacturing cost.
- Develop, interpret, implement, and maintain clear and concise quality standards and ensure proper usage by manufacturing personnel.
- Develops, implements, and coordinates procedures, controls and documentation necessary to sustain and maintain certification in the applicable Quality Standard.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, plant personnel, and public groups. Able to communicate effectively with customers to resolve quality issues.
- Perform other miscellaneous duties inherent to the job.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
A four year technical degree required.
Must be able to read and interpret battery specifications and drawings and prepare technical reports.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to comprehend and apply principles of calculus, algebra, and advanced statistical theory.
Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to deal with formulas, scientific equations, graphs. Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
PC SOFTWARE KNOWLEDGE :
Able to use word processing, graphing, and spreadsheet software for various quality control applications.
CERTIFIED QUALITY ENGINEER - preferred.
Physical demands include hearing, speaking, seeing, writing, standing, sitting, walking, bending, lifting of 60#, simple grasping, pulling, pushing, twisting, and repetitive use of hands.
Normal office and laboratory environment, and frequent exposure to lead, fumes, noise, dirt, hazards, chemicals, extreme heat, extreme cold. This is a full time position, and working at the plant is required.
Exide Technologies is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Exide Technologies (www.exide.com) is a global provider of stored electrical-energy solutions for the transportation and industrial markets. Exide’s 130 years of technology innovation combined with operations in more than 80 countries enables the company to deliver compelling solutions for the world’s current and future power needs. Exide produces and recycles a broad range of products, serving the Transportation, Industrial Network Power and Motive Power market segments with battery and energy storage systems and specialty applications for a broad range of industries including: agricultural, automotive, electric, light and heavy-duty truck, marine, materials handling, military, mining, powersport, railroad, security, telecommunications, utility and uninterruptible power supply (UPS), among others. Exide is Powering the World Forward - history and scale combined with a start-up mentality make Exide the right choice for customers who want more than simply a battery supplier.
Product Quality Assurance
Corrective And Preventive Actions
Production Part Approval Process
Advanced Product Quality Planning