GAF Energy is transforming the rooftop solar industry to generate Energy From Every Roof TM. As a Standard Industries company, GAF Energy works in partnership with North America’s largest roofing and waterproofing manufacturer, GAF, offering affordable, integrated and aesthetic rooftop solar options to residential and commercial customers. For more information about GAF Energy, visit URL blocked - click to apply.
What part will you play?
- GAF Energy is seeking a Residential PV Designer to help us grow our system design team
- This exciting role will report to the Vice President of Product, and work within a cross-functional team at GAF Energy. The ideal candidate must have strong CAD skills, working knowledge of the NEC and a thorough understanding of the permit, design, and installation of PV systems
- This person will be responsible for designing, permitting, and the creation of installation plan sets for all residential PV systems
What will you be doing?
- Develop and implement the design, permit, and installation plan sets for residential PV systems including Site plan and electrical line diagram
- Produce and manage the bill of materials needed for projects
- Create design templates to streamline the creation of designs
- Accountable for training others on the use of templates and designs
- Enhance GAF Energy’s ability to rapidly utilize new designs and plan sets for residential PV systems
- Establish metrics to identify and develop opportunities for cost reduction and performance improvement
- Create and develop innovative solutions from concept to installation of residential PV systems
What do we require from you?
- 2-5 years of previous experience in a related market
- Strong working knowledge of CAD platforms, namely AutoCAD
- Ability to develop templates and tools to streamline plan set creation
- Excellent understanding of residential electrical systems and integration with PV and storage
- A knack for automating processes with digital tools
- Strong project management capabilities, while successfully delivering new ideas from concept all the way through to installation plan set
- Outstanding problem-solving skills with proven experience and application of resident PV systems
- Ability to work across multiple departments to form cross-functional teams as needed for individual projects
- Entrepreneurial, self-starter, and self-motivated with the ability to work both independently and with diverse teams
- Outstanding communication skills, both oral and written
Computer Aided Design
Computer Aided Manufacturing
See the next step in your career
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: 9423
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.