At EVRAZ, our strength starts with our people! As a team we collaborate to solve problems, contribute ideas and challenge each other to ensure growth and ultimately success for the business and our employees.
We are seeking a Rod & Bar Tech I Inspector to join our Quality team in our Rod & Bar Mill at our Pueblo, Colorado location. The Inspector's primary function is to inspect rod and rebar for section and surface issues in addition to tensile testing per ASTM and customer requirements. This position reports to the Quality Assurance Supervisor and Production Supervisor.
The above statement reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job identified, and shall not be constructed as a detailed description of all of the work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
- Measure and visually inspect in-process and finished products to verify acceptability and conformance to ASTM specifications, CF&I standard requirements and customer specifications
- Verify, identify, and record non-conforming coils and communicate determinations
- Reviews Rod Mill process sheets for customer order requirements
- Keeps work area and equipment clean and orderly
- Perform duties as needed in keeping mill operational, including routine maintenance and assists Maintenance personnel
- Adhere to all appropriate Standard Operating Procedures
- Utilize necessary safety equipment and observe all safety rules and lock out procedures
- Operates all equipment needed to complete the job
- Possess an understanding of the basic manufacturing process and familiarity with heavy industry, manufacturing, or mining; or a closely related field
- Competent in manipulating numbers, quantities, shapes and spaces; able to take simple measurements and perform basic mathematical operations (e.g., addition, subtraction, division, decimals, fractions)
- Ability to accurately read precision measurement tools, experience with gauges, micrometers, NDT flaw detectors and machine shop equipment
- Qualified Level I non-destructive testing background or equivalent preferred
- Quality control experience in a manufacturing and metallurgical background; knowledge of ISO standards, preferred
- 4 year Technical Degree preferred
- Must meet and maintain Inspector Rail Mill entry level qualifications concerning literacy, experience, training, testing, courses and certification
- Ability to safely and appropriately operate, power and hand tools, machinery, and mobile equipment; 12 months experience preferred
- Obtain and maintain OSHA 10 and equipment certifications, as required
- Ability to convey and understand information effectively and safely, including speaking over a public address system
- Ability to work in both inside and outside environmental conditions, with exposure to elevated noise levels, extreme heat and cold, physical hazards - close proximity to moving parts, hot surfaces, pinch points, sparks, sharp edges, high pressure air, oxygen and gas lines (atmospheric conditions may require the use of a respirator)
- Must be able to work in a physically demanding manufacturing environment, which will include but not be limited to repetition, climbing, kneeling, standing, crawling, consistent exertion of forces up to 50 pounds or more
- Valid driver’s license preferred
- Must be willing to work varied shifts (3 shift rotation) and any days of the week
- Must be 18 years of age
- $24.20 per hour
- Shift differential
Our total compensation package includes amazing benefits!
- A bonus may be paid to eligible employees based upon organizational performance
- Family medical, dental, and prescription coverage at minimal employee cost
- Short and long term disability programs
- Pension plan and (401k) with employer match
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Employer-provided Group Life and Voluntary Life Insurance options
- Paid vacations, sick time and 10 paid holiday days per year
- Apprenticeship and career advancement within the company
- Tuition reimbursement
- Wellness program
All applicants must be eligible to work in the USA without sponsorship.
While we thank all those who apply, only those being actively considered for employment will be contacted.
Equal Opportunity Employer
EVRAZ North America is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
EVRAZ North America is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Quality Inspector or call:
. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
Join a team that manufactures excellence, drives success and builds careers!
- Nondestructive Testing
- Non Destructive Testing (Ndt)
- Quality Management
- Quality Assurance