Customer Service Representative / Customer Service – Mathews, NC
At Aalberts integrated piping systems Americas, Inc. we have the best, most complete flow control device and connection technology portfolio in the industry. Our goal is to make it an easier and better buying experience by being the only organization that offers a complete line of flow control devices and piping systems solutions. We feature a full range of connections, including push, press, thread, groove, sweat, and crimp to fit your Commercial, Industrial, and Backflow Prevention needs. At Aalberts IPSA, we recognize the importance of providing our employees with a good work environment and an excellent benefits package.
Summary: The Customer Service Representative will be responsible for responding to customer inquiries and closing profitable sales orders.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform proactive telesales to customers assigned to region.
- Sell products and services, offer add-on and up-sell products that may benefit the customer, and suggest alternative products when a customer requested product is not available.
- Help customers determine the right products to meet their needs.
- Execute sales effort in an ethical and professional manner that will reflect favorably on the reputation of both the sales person and the company.
- Create and maintain solid, long-term relationships with customers.
- Assist and resolve customer requests and/or problems in a prompt and professional manner.
- Attend sales, product, and corporate meetings.
- Advance through product training courses.
- Maintain a current library of reference material.
- Interact with Sales and Inter Department to exchange customer needs information.
- Document lost sales and customer comments.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Communications, or closely aligned field of study preferred.
- Must have the ability to work quickly and accurately within a multitasking environment.
- Must possess interpersonal skills, organizational skills, be a self-starter, detailed oriented, and have the ability to multitask and communicate (verbal and written).
- Strong phone and customer service skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to interface with all levels of management within the company.
- Knowledge of pipe, valve, fitting product applications, and sales experience preferred.
- Must be able to make decisions and solve problems that are general in nature.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Able to adapt to a fast-paced environment, accept new responsibilities and achieve results.
- Able to review orders that are received to ensure customer needs are met.
- Be able to follow through on commitments of delivery of product or information required.
- Must be able to deliver information and communicate to multiple channels within the organization to include the team members filling these order requests.
- Be proactive in reaching out to customers, answer questions on the fly, and handle customer conflicts that are able to be resolved quickly while supporting the Apollo brand.
Aalberts integrated piping systems Americas, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. At Aalberts IPS, we are committed to treating all Applicants fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
- Time Management
- Interpersonal Skills
- Verbal Communication
- Self Motivation