To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Jessup, MD 20794
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
VP of Marketing SUP
ExecuNet • Jessup, MD
Posted 1 month ago
Summary: Directs and coordinates activities of one or more divisions and participates in formulating and developing long range goals and objectives by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate managers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (additional responsibilities may be assigned)
- • Responsible for the realization of division objectives for sales and revenues. Will create and utilize comprehensive sales plans that analyze competitive trends, gains and other activities in order to devise effective counter strategies and tactics. Responsible for a healthy and productive relationship with suppliers and customers.
- • Responsible for appropriate staffing, maintenance, and development of the sales organization in order to accomplish the division’s goals and objectives. Maintains a safe, healthy working environment in compliance with state, federal and local statutes. Provides a business environment conducive to professional development and career progress.
- • Upholds ethical practice in all the branch’s activities. Ensures that all sales personnel conduct themselves in accord with all statutes, federal state and local, governing the sale of alcoholic beverages at all times. Ensure that all sales activities are conducted in compliance with all statutes, federal, state and local, with regard to company credit regulations and procedures.
- • Will organize the structure of management to ensure that the sales organization is appropriately staffed for the achievement of division and supplier sales objectives. Will create contact plans that reflect frequent sales and service calls to all accounts in order to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction and quality brand representation. Contact plans will provide for appropriate territory assignment to achieve the most effective time and territory management.
- • Responsible for communicating to all sales management personnel the sales goals of the organization to be established in a sales plan incorporating supplier objectives. Analyzes past sales performance data in order to develop and initiate strategies for improvement. Updates and modifies such strategies as necessary in order to maintain and maximize positive trends.
- • Obtains and monitors feedback regarding customer needs and attitudes in order to update sales strategies, forecasts and projections. Ensures that all customer feedback includes complete information pertaining to the credit worthiness of the customer; that all customer accounts are current and in good standing, that proper collection activities are instituted and provides for the protection of all Republic Beverage Company goods, delivered and unpaid.
- • Maintains external relationships with community and governmental entities as necessary for the successful operation of the company, i.e. public relations. Maintains internal relationships with other sales/marketing and operational departments to insure the successful operation of the company.
- • Will make monthly sales forecasts in the last week of each month for the following month to be communicated to Marketing for inclusion in the product calculations for timely procurement activities. Responsible for the timely review and evaluation of every member of the sales organization with regards to company policies and procedures, the meeting of sales goals and quotas and the facilitation of others to meet / surpass their goals / quotas. Will hold monthly sales meetings to keep the sales team informed and directed regarding strategies, supplier product developments, promotions and other pertinent issues. Will delegate the task of developing budgets and controlling selling related expenses to the sales managers for their respective teams.
- • Provides guidance to Marketing concerning product pricing and gross margin strategies, provides his independent recommendations to the Market EVP when a disparity exists between his pricing / margin conclusions and those of Marketing. Also ensures that product is being sold at approved prices. Will perform any other tasks outside of those listed above that are necessary to ensure the success of the branch / company and the maximization of any and all business opportunities.
- • Manages one to five subordinate managers and may manage one to three clerical personnel and is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning,
- • Assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
Education and/or Experience: Master’s degree from a university or equivalent preferred; four to ten years related experience, preferably five years previous management experience with an alcoholic beverage wholesaler or supplier and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Internet, Microsoft Office Suite software (such as Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, and etc.), and order processing systems, related to accounting (such as AS400 / Alpha Database software, Logility, Microstrategy, and etc.) or the aptitude to learn.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- • Requires a current state driver's license
- • Ability to meet company vehicle insurance requirements.
- • Alcohol Beverage Commission (ABC) License, as required by the state
- • Ability to regularly operate a motor vehicle.
- • Spanish bilingual abilities desirable.
Tools & Technology:
- • Tools: Desktop computers; Notebook computers; Personal computers; Personal digital assistant PDAs or organizers; Tablet computers.
- • Technology: Customer relationship management CRM software; Data base user interface and query software