Role: Full Stack Senior Software Engineer 1 (Scala & ReactJS)
- You can leverage domain driven design in your architecture, e.g. bounded context and CQRS
- You can architect, build and ship highly scalable systems, libraries, and frameworks
- You can write backend code using primarily Scala
- You have a strong background in C# or another compiled language, along with expert-level
design & development
- You have strong unit testing experience (Nunit, xUnit) and familiarity with integration testing
- You have commercial experience with distributed, high-performance systems
- Database and caching experience, SQL and NoSQL (SQL, Postgres)
- Experience developing APIs and web microservices
- Experience with cloud based services and hosting (AWS EC2, etc.)
- If you are involved with open source projects, that's a plus
- You are comfortable with Git
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience.
B.E. / B.Tech. or equivalent qualification or higher.
6+ Years of IT industry experience
2+ years of strong experience on Scala or Java or .NetCareers with Optum.
Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.