Ascension at Home - Together with Compassus Associates: Please apply via Workday
The Administrative Assistant processes the paperwork related to pharmacy claims for hospice patients, assists pharmacies, as needed, with submission and adjudication of claims.
- Receives incoming correspondence and processes as needed.
- Performs Receptionist duties for incoming calls and visitors.
- Accepts deliveries (mail, Fed-Ex, UPS) and distributes to appropriate person.
- Prepares packages, letters, and determines correct postage/shipping fees.
- Distributes pharmacy spending reports three times weekly.
- Records patient deaths/discharges in HealthTrans system.
- Assists pharmacies/agencies with claims issues.
- Blocks medications, as requested, by reversal forms from agencies.
- Monitors and updates spreadsheets for appetite stimulant forms.
- Monitors and updates spreadsheets for therapeutic interchange forms.
- Monitors and assists agencies with McKesson ordering.
- Answers incoming calls and directs, as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills
- Communication and organizational skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel
- Must be self motivated and dependable
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree; or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.