Robert Half Finance is seeking candidates for a full-time Staff Accountant position, which will become a critical part of an innovative Logistics company. To flourish in this role, candidates will need to be highly capable of handling a challenging work environment with many components. You will succeed in this Staff Accountant position if you can prepare journal entries, monthly and year-end closings, bank reconciliation, fixed asset maintenance, and general ledger reconciliation. To succeed in this role, you will need to perform internal reporting during the monthly close, participate in compliance, interact with our external auditors for quarterly reviews and annual audits, and review schedules reporting processes. Based in the Savannah, Georgia area, this role is a career-building, multi-faceted opportunity to work for a company that recognizes and rewards hard work. You might thrive in this role if you are a detail-oriented and analytical thinker with a talent for creating Financial Statements, Cash Flow projections, and Budgets.
- Assist in the month end, quarter end and year end closing process including monthly financial close workbook preparation
- Maintain, implement, and adhere to internal controls while ensuring that accounting procedures comply with GAAP
- Oversee depreciation, fixed asset ledgers, and reconciliation
- Special projects and impromptu reporting, upon request
- Manage schedules for monthly payments and capital lease
- Manage intercompany reconciliation, billings, and transactions
- Assemble analyses for monthly balance sheets and income statements for management reporting
- Perform month end close, journal entries, with minimum supervision
- Participate in various department-wide initiatives
- Compose thorough journal entries and account reconciliations which include, but are not limited to, cash, prepaid expenses, and payroll
- Regularly maintain and reconcile journal entries
- In-depth experience with reconciling month end balance sheet accounts
- Survey and organize various financial data, reporting it in a useful and understandable manner
- Comprehensive knowledge of Accounts Receivable (AR)
- BA/BS or equivalent in Accounting, Finance or Economics
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to exercise good judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analysis
- Vow to meet business deadlines
- Proficient with spreadsheets and databases
- High attention to detail
- Outstanding organizational, written and verbal communication skills required
- Experience with ERP systems
- Spreadsheet and database capabilities
- Recent and relevant accounting experience
- Takes action on items beyond formal job responsibilities
- Demonstrated ability to work in a dynamic and constantly changing company environment
For more info please email directly - bryan.thierfelder@roberthalf com
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled professionals with remote or on-site jobs in accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was No. 1 on Forbes’ annual ranking of America’s Best Professional Recruiting Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at
. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States.