To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Clewiston, FL 33440
- Kiara Dollar
- Phone: 000-000-0000
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Senior Maintenance Planner
United States Sugar Corp • Clewiston, FL
Posted 2 months ago
Position Summary: This is a salaried-exempt position, reporting to the Central Warehouse Manager, responsible for creating a maintenance control function that has the capability to identify and correct maintenance problems prior to equipment failure. The incumbent will plan and schedule maintenance work including labor, materials, equipment, tools, drawings, safety requirements, as well as coordination with contractor and other Corporate Services. This position is responsible for reducing maintenance cost through: the reduction of downtime, improvement of equipment reliability, increasing equipment capacity, and the improvement of product quality.
- Abide by all Company policies outlined in the Employee Handbook and comply with all Company, Local, State and Federal regulations relating to Health, Safety, Operations, etc.
- Successfully participate in and complete all safety training, supervisory and management skills training and/or certifications related to the position.
- Plan and schedule all department routine maintenance, overhauls and outages using Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS), MS Project, MS Excel, and CAD.
- Regularly develop, build, populate, and arrange spreadsheet reports for management use.
- Develop, monitor, and manage the preventive and predictive maintenance programs.
- Using effective communication techniques and displaying positive teamwork traits, coordinate with Department Management, contractors, material handlers, purchasing, engineering, and safety to develop job plans.
- Use metrics to track personnel performance, unscheduled and emergency work, in order to identify plan discrepancies and update future job plans.
- Routinely monitor, analyze, and perform root-cause analysis with corrective action plans to reduce or eliminate the problem.
- Regularly communicate with vendors and purchasing on price and availability of materials.
- Demonstrate a sound working knowledge of maintenance cost control programs (labor, material and contractors).
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent; post-secondary education highly preferred.
- Preference will be given to candidates with the Certified Maintenance & Reliability Professional (CMRP) certification, or similar industry certifications.
- Must have 5 or more recent years' experience performing industrial work as a skilled tradesperson, such as electrician, machinist, mechanic, heavy equipment operator, etc.
- Proficiency in SAP, MS Office, and project management software highly desired.
- Demonstrate physical ability to perform the essential functions of the job. Applicant must be in good health and physically able to perform all phases of the work.
- Applicant must be able to read, write and speak the English language in order to comprehend instructions on the job and in the classroom, to communicate via radio, to write and interpret policies and procedures, and to ensure personal and co-worker safety on the job.
- New hires must pass a drug test and other pre-employment background screening, and successfully complete any required training or orientation course.
80% of the work environment is conducted in an environmentally controlled office, operating computerized equipment containing colored flashing lights sound indicators while using repetitive hand and eye movements. Will routinely communicate with, and mediate between, Department Managers, vendors, contractors, and purchasing staff, in order to make stressful maintenance decisions and parts or labor allocations.
20% of the work environment is conducted in an open, outdoor environment, exposed to extreme temperatures, loud noise, and low lighting while wearing PPE; regularly climbing stairs or ladders, kneeling, crawling, bending, stooping, squatting, reaching overhead, and walking on uneven ground containing slip and trip hazards.
This information indicates the general nature and level of work performed by associates in this position. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position. This description supersedes and previous or undated descriptions for this position. Management has the right to add or change the duties for this position at any time.