To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Edina, MN
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Network Engineer (Edina, MN)
Presidio, Inc. • Edina, MN
Posted 28 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Presidio is a leading North American IT solutions provider focused on Digital Infrastructure, Cloud and Security solutions to create agile, secure infrastructure platforms for middle-market customers. We deliver this technology expertise through a full life cycle model of professional, managed, and support services including strategy, consulting, implementation and design. By taking the time to deeply understand how our clients define success, we help them harness technology advances, simplify IT complexity and optimize their environments today while enabling future applications, user experiences, and revenue models. As of June 30, 2018, we serve approximately 8,000 middle-market, large, and government organizations across a diverse range of industries. Approximately 2,900 Presidio professionals, including more than 1,600 technical engineers, are based in 60+ offices across the United States in a unique, local delivery model combined with the national scale of a $2.8 billion dollar industry leader. We are passionate about driving results for our clients and delivering the highest quality of service in the industry. Presidio is majority owned by affiliates of investment funds managed by affiliates of Apollo Global Management, LLC (NYSE:APO).
Due to continued growth, Presidio is currently hiring a Network Engineer in our Edina, MN location. (minimal overnight travel)
The Network Engineer works on a team to ensure executional excellence and creating supreme customer experiences for all assigned projects. The Network Engineer combines technical ability and experience with polished communication skills to deploy a variety of solutions that focus around route, switch, and firewalls. This position reports to the Director of Professional Services.
- Be a Subject Matter Expert (SME) throughout network consulting engagements.
- Provide detailed network assessment reports of existing networking infrastructure environments with gap analysis and recommendations.
- Work with a team of engineers on client projects and on-going professional services engagements.
- Possess the ability to see a project through fruition from assignment to completion with minimal guidance.
- Design and implement a variety of route and switch solutions for clients.
- Post implementation support and troubleshooting for clients on occasion.
- Technical writing skills to author professional documentation for client review.
- Authoring logical and physical network diagrams using tools like Microsoft Visio.
- Ability to track and enter time spent into required systems on a timely basis.
- Leading conversations and technical white boarding sessions in front of clients and/or peers.
- Minimum 3+ years of networking engineering experience, experience with professional services strongly preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work and/or military experience.
- Strong work ethic and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-motivated and a desire to succeed.
- Relentless attention to detail.
- Ability to work as a team or on their own depending on the engagement and ability to keep yourself on task.
- Ability to work on multiple projects, prioritize work, and meet timelines.
- Experience with Cisco products (CCNP preferred but not required)
- Technical certifications strongly desired.
- Possess knowledge and experience of Core Routing and Switching design, configuration, and troubleshooting.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Ability to physically lift and install equipment.
- Experience with a combination of the following route/switch platforms:
- Cisco, Meraki, Juniper, HPE Aruba, Arista
- Experience with a combination of routing protocols:
- OSPF, EIGRP, & BGP, HSRP, PIM, MPLS, L2/L3 Design & Architecture, QoS
- Experience with a combination of firewall platforms:
- Cisco ASA / FirePOWER / FTD, Juniper SRX, Palo Alto, WatchGuard
- Experience with a combination of SDWAN platforms:
- Citrix SDWAN, Silver Peak, Cisco / Viptela, VeloCloud
- Experience with Network Management (NMS) tools such as:
- Cisco Prime
- Cisco DNA Center
- Junos Space
- HPE Aruba Airwave
- Experience with DHCP, DNS and general troubleshooting.
- Experience with a combination of Load Balancing platforms is a plus:
- F5 (LTM, GTM, APM, ASM, AFM)
- Citrix Netscaler
- Experience with Software Defined Networking (SDN) such as Cisco ACI and VMware NSX
Presidio, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer/ VEVRAA Federal Contractor. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for this position regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, ethnicity, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state and local statutes, regulations and ordinances.
To read more about employment discrimination protections under federal law, please visit: https://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
If you have any difficulty using our online system and need an accommodation in the job application process due to a disability, please send an email to email@example.com for assistance.
Presidio, Inc. is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting priority referrals of protected veterans for its openings. State Employment Services; please provide priority referrals to firstname.lastname@example.org
RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE NOTE: Presidio has a strict PSL in place and will only accept applications from agencies/business partners that have been invited to work on this role through the Presidio portal. Candidate Resumes/CV's not submitted through the Presidio portal or submitted directly to Hiring Managers will be considered unsolicited and will be treated as gifts and no fee will be payable. Thank you for your cooperation.