Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
- Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 107,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries
Our location in Hollywood, FL currently has an opportunity for a Business Analyst II.
The key to successful treatment and full recovery is often fast, accurate diagnosis. Abbott’s life-changing tests and diagnostic tools provide insights that enable smarter, faster decisions and transform the way the world is managing health.
Our pioneering technology spans the world of healthcare operations — with medical diagnostic instruments, tests, automation and informatics solutions for hospitals, reference labs, blood centers, emergency departments, physician offices and clinics.
Our location in Hollywood, FL currently has an opportunity for a Life Sciences Consulting Business Analyst.
The Life Sciences Consulting Business Analyst will be responsible for supporting the commercial activities for the informatics product solutions for the Life Sciences lab industry with focus on research, biotech, biorepositories, molecular, and histopathology. This role involves market analysis to support product planning activities including business justification and planning of commercial strategies, as well as product development activities (business requirements).
- In this position the Business Analyst II will:
- Manage or assist with the project initiation process, including the kickoff meeting and detailed requirements gathering. Develop the functional Design analysis and create or assist with development of statement of work (SOW).
- Provide mentorship and guidance to customers on the use and configuration of the STARLIMS product, relative to the specific industry of the customer.
- Work with Product Team and Implementation Engineers to develop project configuration strategy to meet customer business and workflow requirements.
- Maintain close communications with the STARLIMS product team to explore alternatives to maximize use of core functionality, report product defects and provide input for new product requirements.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Implement Business Analysis methodologies for requirements definition, documentation and solution implementation following Use Cases, Specification Documents, User Stories, User Interfaces, Wireframes, Workflows/Process Diagrams, Data Flow Diagrams, Systems Diagrams and other industry best practice.
- Support the STARLIMS laboratory content library by sharing knowledge obtained during implementations.
- Acts as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the STARLIMS product in the industries/markets the product is intended to cover
Bachelors degree in Chemistry, Analytical, Biology, Clinical Lab Sciences,
Computer Science, Engineering or related technical discipline.
Minimum 5 years experience in Laboratory informatics software implementation.
Experience in Laboratories life cycle.
Experience in data gathering and requirements.
Strong understanding of customer business unit, customer needs and objectives.
Knowledgeable in technology and Laboratory process.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Business Analyst II
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Business Analyst II, on Facebook at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Business Analyst II and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.