Live the experience. From professional empowerment to continual learning opportunities. From ongoing investment in new and emerging technologies to a career of self-determination. At Ulta Beauty, our tech team is critical to our scalability—and is recognized that way. We’ve been defined as a “mature start-up.” A place where interdepartmental exposure, open doors, and genuine collaboration is ubiquitous. Where challenges come fast and furious, requiring agility, mental dexterity, and creativity. Where our passion for better solutions drives us and is core to who we are.
We’re engineering for the future of retail, and it’s no-holds-barred. But for those motivated by continual change and ambiguity, by superior leadership, by whip smart colleagues who will press you daily for your very best, you’ll find that virtually nothing’s impossible at Ulta Beauty.
THE IMPACT YOU CAN HAVE:
The Integration and Enterprise Data Technology and Tools Director is responsible for the technology, analytical tools and data strategy that will drive key decision making across our enterprise. This person will lead the effort for the data migration strategy to one, scalable data platform supporting future capabilities and is, and will continue to be, the foundation that will allow actionable insights across the organization. This person will also lead data governance to ensure a reliable, scalable platform, with a migration towards self-service for fast and easy access to data in real time. This person will provide the tools necessary for this data exploration, reporting and ability to move towards predictive to support Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) models. This person will also lead the enterprise integrations team covering all data movement across supply chain, merchandising, real estate, finance, store, ecommerce, HR, loss prevention and marketing. This leader must be an innovative thinker and will work closely with business and IT teams to support data technology, tools and system integrations for initiatives that enable market differentiation for Ulta. This person should be comfortable working in a highly collaborative, dynamic, and fast paced environment, and should have the ability to influence thought processes across various levels in the organization.
YOU'LL ACCOMPLISH ALL OF THIS BY:
Accountability/Relationship Management: Demonstrated ability to be a strategic thought partner with Analytics and Business owner teams to enable data driven decision making. Facilitates open communication and discussion between stakeholders, acting as a single point of contact by developing, maintaining and working on stakeholder engagement strategies and plans. Ability to “take charge” and be accountable for analytical data evolution across all phases from requirements, design, develop, QA, and support.
Innovation/Strategic Thinking: Ability to articulate a holistic vision and strategy for analytical data across the enterprise at Ulta and seeks opportunities, new methods, trends, capabilities and products for the advancement of analytics and identifies the business benefits of alternative strategies. Ability to objectively evaluate and challenge the status quo and leverage the right methodologies to accelerate progress. Develops enterprise-wide integration and processes that ensure that the strategic application of change is embedded in the management of the organization, ensuring the buy-in of all stakeholders.
Quality and Performance Management: Ensures that there is high quality of our data and the tools and technologies provided meet the organization’s needs and objectives and reviews it as necessary so that our associate experience is positive. Leverages the right level of technology, QA, automation, procedures and resources to support this quality. Builds and establishes measurements around operational methods, procedures, and tools, and validates that they are reviewed and maintained. Manages service delivery to ensure that agreed targets are met for both the data platforms, tools, and integrations.
Technology and Organizational Development: Leads an enterprise data and tools team through the resource planning, recruitment, selection, assessment, on-boarding and transitioning of resources to ensure that the organization has appropriately skilled resources to meet organizational objectives and commitments. Provides coaching and support and delegates responsibilities where possible, in order to achieve corporate objectives. Ensures performance objectives, and monitors progress against agreed quality and performance criteria and goals. Competency and experience in using various project management techniques to provide clarity of roles and expectations to cross-functional team members across IT organization and holds others accountable when appropriate. Has a holistic understanding of data management lifecycle and integrations technologies to ensure timely and high-quality deliverables from the team.
- Provide the necessary tools, technologies, data architectures and data stewardship to allow the organization to leverage analytics for making business decisions with both structured and unstructured data, while managing quality, data accuracy and security.
- Ensure that the tools and technologies are kept current as well as providing most cost effective and optimal solutions for the stakeholders.
- Work closely with key business partners and strategic vendor partners during entire lifecycle of the project: maintain and evolve the Enterprise BI/Big Data strategy, standards, policies, best practices and robust governance processes for enterprise wide users.
- Shift the mindset to move the beyond the traditional “build to spec service provider” and collaborate to ensure that the applications, systems, data and technology aspects of the BI/Big Data are driven by the business imperatives and the requirements are managed consistently and effectively
- Develop methods, procedures and training to ensure that key business users understand system functionality and show how it can be applied to fulfill business requirements.
- Prioritize efforts driven by business requirements and other key initiatives, have overall control of planning, staffing, budgeting, managing expense priorities and implementing data and integration tools and solutions throughout the organization and partnering with PMO team for budgeting. This includes financial analysis, business case development, solution costs and resource estimates based on business requirements and statements of work.
THE ESSENTIALS FOR SUCCESS:
Qualified candidates will have at least 7+ years of overall experience in information technology including requirements and design, development, architecture, and cloud technologies. Additional requriements include:
- 5+ years demonstrated leadership experience in complex business and technical environments, specifically in developing and maintaining large analytical data warehouses (BI/Big data) and a leader in technical problem solving and data integration tools
- Hands-on experience in developing and maintaining large analytical data warehouses/data marts and a deep expert level understanding of cloud based big-data architectures and technologies
- Solid grasp on the analytics maturity curve in order to influence the development of the data environment based on analytical needs of different users and use cases
- Experience with developing robust data governance processes for enterprise wide users
- Familiarity with Tibco, BODS and other integration and data movement platforms, Google Cloud Platform or other cloud technologies, SAP BW, HANA, Business Objects, Tableau, Power BI, and other emerging big data technologies.
- Solid understanding of the retail industry business and issues and an intellectual curiosity to learn more from internal stakeholders
- Ability to multi-task and adapt quickly to change.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent decision making, negotiation and leadership skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, a related field, or applicable work experience.
- Minimal travel required (training/conferences).
#LI-CH1* COLORADO PAY RANGE
At this time, Colorado residents are not eligible for this position. ABOUT
At Ulta Beauty (NASDAQ: ULTA), the possibilities are beautiful. Ulta Beauty is the largest North American beauty retailer and the premier beauty destination for cosmetics, fragrance, skin care products, hair care products and salon services. We bring possibilities to life through the power of beauty each and every day in our stores and online with more than 25,000 products from approximately 500 well-established and emerging beauty brands across all categories and price points, including Ulta Beauty’s own private label. Ulta Beauty also offers a full-service salon in every store featuring—hair, skin, brow, and make-up services.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with arrest records, conviction records, or other criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of any applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the New York City Fair Chance Act.