Can you repetitively bend and lift boxes and bags up to 80 lbs. while working in a non-climate controlled environment? Do you have excellent interpersonal skills with a team approach and positive attitude? Are you willing to operate material handling equipment including forklift, order picker, pallet jack, and other equipment as required? If you said yes to all of these questions, we’d like to hear from you!
For nearly a century, Wilbur-Ellis has experienced success and growth in marketing and distributing agricultural products and services. Join us and grow your career with a strong and profitable industry leader offering competitive compensation, tremendous growth and development opportunities, and a people-first work environment. Come grow with us!
General Purpose and Scope of Position:
Wilbur-Ellis is seeking a motivated individual who will assist in all aspects of general warehouse duties. This is a full-time position. This will include, but is not limited to, stocking and retrieving package and bulk containers, driving a forklift, and general housekeeping. The ideal candidate must enjoy working with a diverse customer base in a fast-paced setting.
Key Skills and Abilities Include:
- Ability to work and contribute to a team approach with a positive attitude and outlook
- Present a professional image to the Wilbur-Ellis customer through personal appearance and overall branch cleanliness
- Willingness to operate material handling equipment including forklift, order picker, pallet jack and other equipment as required
- Ability to repetitively bend and lift boxes and bags up to 80 lbs. while working in a non-climate controlled environment
Key Personal Attributes Include:
- Enjoy and embrace a diverse/variety of job duties and responsibilities. The ideal candidate will be versatile, flexible, and willing. Can effectively multi-task.
- Knowledge and/or experience with agricultural operations (preferred but not required)
- Requires excellent interpersonal skills between both customers and fellow employees
- Forklift Driver and Driving Certification (offered on the job)
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Willingness and desire to work overtime hours during busy seasons
Specific Responsibilities and Key Deliverables Include:
- Receiving and shipment of inventory items
- Maintain accurate inventory records, ensuring no product leaves, or enters warehouse without necessary paperwork
- Meet and complete all WECO regulatory safety requirements
- Attend product training sessions and meetings when necessary
- Respond to inquiries in a timely, accurate and appropriate manner
- Responsible for warehouse cleanliness
- Notify safety director when product spills in warehouse
- Present a professional image to our customer through personal appearance and overall branch cleanliness
- All other duties as assigned
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive hourly wage commensurate with experience and other factors
- Comprehensive benefits
If you are currently a Wilbur-Ellis employee, please notify your Manager prior to applying for this position. Thank you!
Wilbur-Ellis is a company you can be proud to call your employer
Wilbur-Ellis markets and distributes agricultural products, animal feed and specialty chemicals and food ingredients. A privately held and consistently profitable company, we employ more than 4,000 people throughout North America and Asia-Pacific.
Wilbur-Ellis is for and about people
Wilbur-Ellis has enjoyed over ninety-three years of success and growth, all thanks to our people. Our employees are both leaders and team players who thrive on creativity, entrepreneurial spirit and a dedication to quality work, our customers and each other.
Wilbur-Ellis invests in the industry’s best workforce
Wilbur-Ellis invests heavily in our employees by offering skill development and training, competitive compensation and benefits and a tradition of promoting from within for a broad range of career opportunities. And we foster a supportive, people-first work environment.
Process Improvements (Business)
Maintain Locator System
Advocate Safety Training