At Draeger, our work is dedicated to protecting, supporting and saving lives.We are looking for a talented leader to join our team.
Responsible to develop and drive supply chain strategies for designated product and supplier portfolio utilizing sound business principles and industry best practices, resulting in supply chain improvements and cost savings. Through the use of SAP and other applications, analyze, plan and execute procurement of materials with assigned suppliers to ensure proper balance between supply and demand while providing an uninterrupted flow of materials, and supporting inventory targets and purchasing initiatives.
- Manage strategic relationships with Operations/Manufacturing and key external partners in support of development, deployment and execution of supply chain strategy. Responsible for initiating and supporting supplier performance improvement goals and initiatives, and the monitoring and initiation of corrective and preventive measures. Collaborate with key stakeholders and Supply Chain Leadership to problem solve issues that impact organizational goals and/or customer delivery.
- Develop organizational expertise, and act as SME (subject matter expert) on Supply Chain topics. Provide guidance and support to Buyer Planners with escalations and determining root causes for part shortages.
- Responsible for the development and implementation/execution of inventory strategy for designated products/portfolio assuring right inventory is available as per the demand, while achieving or exceeding established Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s). Negotiate and implement logistics models with key suppliers in collaboration with Strategic Purchasing for the purpose of achieving optimal inventory turns and dollars. Provide forecasts to suppliers in an effort to reduce lead times and provide the required supply flexibility to meet variability in demand.
- Participate as a key stakeholder in the Sales & Operations Planning process and in the development & implementation of best in class Supply Chain Management Practices. To ensure effective consideration of decision or delays against any potential business adverse impact.
- Drive visible performance management, use KPI’s to track progress, monitoring actual performance versus plan promoting awareness to drive improvement. Initiate and lead Supply Chain and Business initiatives to improve the Planning Processes, proactively manage Supply Chain led projects to improve efficiency and longer term planning. Implements strategic plans related to commodities and suppliers to support business goals.
- Participate in product steering board meetings as a representative of the Purchasing/Planning organization, to manage, implement and continuously review Purchasing Strategies for key materials ensuring long term business benefits. Collaborate with Engineering, Quality, Strategic Purchasing, Production departments and the Supplier to coordinate implementation of changes to optimize impact of inventory and production schedule. Assist in identification, evaluation and qualification of suppliers.
- Drive Technical Cost Change (TCC) funnel for Product Cost of Goods Sold (COGS) improvement, utilizing external and internal guidance, Purchasing initiatives and or commodity strategies to propose design changes for Technical Cost Reductions or supplier transfers. Possesses general product and technology knowledge for related material groups.
- Lead and participate in projects for supply chain activities and proxy for Purchasing/Planning Manager when needed. Serve as main point of contact in day-to-day operations, and provide guidance to resolve supply chain issues as needed. Support activities utilizing concepts and involving the evaluation and analysis of data, processes and systems.
- Performs other duties as needed and assigned.
- BA/BS in business, or related field or the equivalent in education, training and experience
- APICS / ASCM certification is a plus
- Lean or Six Sigma certificate is a plus
- Minimum of 8 years of Purchasing, Planning, Supply Chain experience
Special Competencies or Certifications:
- Proficient knowledge & experience in SAP (for enterprise resource planning)
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Office suite applications
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple, complex projects at once
- Ability to effectively communicate and present information to executive management
- Excellent problem-solving, interpersonal and administrative skills
- Strong analytical skills, ability perform data analysis on progress of KPIs and long term forecasting
- Demonstrated ability to translate Supply Chain concepts & applications into day-to-day operations
Material Requirements Planning