This position will reports to the Clinical Director and will provide service designed to meet the specific mental health needs of the identified client as they relate to their diagnosis and can be provided in-home, in-office, in-school or other approved/appropriate community setting. Outpatient therapy includes psychoeducational activities/interventions designed to assist the client of the reduction of dysfunction. Services are provided with client-centered and family-centered approaches and are delivered through intensive, time-limited, goal specific interventions
- Provides intensive clinical therapeutic services to children adolescents, and adults with identified mental health or substance abuse diagnosis.
- This position includes psychoeducational activities/interventions designed to assist the client of the reduction of dysfunction.
- Services are provided with client-centered and family-centered approaches and are delivered through intensive, time-limited, goal specific interventions.
The physical requirements described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- The ability to safely operate a motor vehicle to transport oneself, consumers, and program supplies as necessary.
- The physical ability to travel to assigned locations, stand, stoop, bend, reach, pull, push, lift, grasp, climb, talk, see, hear and perform basic and light home maintenance activities, and operate office equipment.
- Move and lift light objects up to 20 pounds such as mail, supplies, files, and equipment.
- Operating office equipment requiring continuous or repetitive hand/arm movements.
- The ability to remain in a sitting position for extended periods of time
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. REQUIREMENTS
- Master’s degree in a Social Work or related Mental Health field Human Services, Counselling etc.
- Licensure or Provisional Licensure Eligibility.
- Deliver in-home or in-office services.
- Provide therapeutic interventions to the identified client in order to enhance and foster the client’s optimal functioning and interactions in the home and community.
- Continually assess client needs, service availability and appropriateness.
- Work cooperatively with treatment team members and the family in the provision of services to meet the goals developed in the Person-Centered Plan.
- Provide the appropriate documentation for service delivery including treatment goals, progress notes and billing and submit documentation as specified by Medicaid and VOACC standard
- Counsels individuals or groups regarding psychological or emotional problems, such as stress, substance abuse, or family situations, using evaluative techniques, and develops and implements therapeutic treatment plan
- Interviews patient to obtain information concerning medical history or other pertinent information.
- Observes client to detect indications of abnormal physical or mental behavior. Strong interpersonal and communication skills are a must due to the extensive collaboration and networking that is required in the field.
- The ability to multitasks and handle a non-traditional work environment.
- The ability to be a self-started and work independently with limited supervision at times.
- Must have a high level of Compassion and respect for persons with special needs;
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Power-point, Outlook Email, and other systems i.e. electronic time punches, electronic medical records etc.
- Bilingual in any language a plus.
Microsoft Power Point