We have an exciting opportunity for Security Analyst/Technicians to join our team in support of the ITOPS TSS endeavor (formerly known as CRISP) at the US Department of Veteran's Affairs. Come join our great team in the ongoing effort to strengthen and maintain IT security across the VA network, and play a vital role in support of those who have served the USA.
- Associate degree (computer science, engineering, or related scientific/technical discipline is required).
- 3+ years of experience is required.
- 4 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education.
- Experience in implementing IT security solutions and assure successful implementation.
- Has knowledge of security principles, policy and regulations.
- IT experience with Cyber Security document management and familiar with security and privacy rules.
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science, electronics engineering or other engineering or technical discipline is required.
- 8 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education.
- Experience in the concepts, terms, processes, policy and implementation of information security.
- Experience and knowledge of the latest security measures at all stages of an information system life cycle.
- Ability to solve complex problems involving a wide variety of information systems
- Must be able to understand and differentiate between critical and non critical systems and networks
Security Analyst, Sr.
- Master's Degree in computer science, electronics engineering or other engineering or technical discipline is required.
- 5 + years experience
- 10 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education
- Experience in managing teams of security analysts.
- Is able to effectively leverage vast detailed knowledge and familiarity with security discipline.
- Has thorough knowledge of security principles, concepts, policy and regulations.
- Is able to identify risks in security systems and work with technical experts to resolve security issues.
- Possess ability to identify key concepts, factors and risks based on conversations and document these in clear and concise narrative or graphic reports
Full Benefit Package to include:
- Paid PTO and sick leave (15 days initially)
- Paid Federal Government Holidays
- 100% Medical premium for employee
- 100% Dental and Vision
- 100% paid Life, short and long-term disability insurance for employee
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or any other characteristics protected by law.
- Computer Security
- Document Management Systems
- Electrical Engineering
- Information Systems
- Information Technology