The Nurse Consultant (RN) is responsible for providing direct nursing care, monitoring the health care of individual assigned caseload in the Brockton Area (with our subsidiary Growthways, Inc.) and assisting them with accessing appropriate health care. The Nurse Consultant is also responsible for monitoring the medication system and providing health related training to staff and individuals. The Nurse Consultant will be responsible for the clinical supervision of LPN's in the assigned caseload. The Nurse Consultant contributes to Bay Cove’s mission by providing effective and compassionate services and through advocacy, education and leadership. This is an exempt position, and does require on-call consultation and responsibilities.
Supervision of LPN(s) in the assigned caseload when applicable.
Essential Functions of the Position:
• Actively participate on clinical teams, consult with Program Director(s), Senior Program Director(s) and Nurses to advocate for health and wellness needs of individuals in programs through on going consultation with program management, staff/clinical meetings, and supervision.
• Monitor, evaluate and make recommendations regarding medical issues.
• Facilitate communication with program staff and medical professionals including meeting with them as necessary, regarding medication and or health care needs of individuals.
• Advocate for access to high quality health care for individuals.
• Provide training to staff and individuals on health care topics, such as diabetes blood pressure monitoring, insulin management, g-tube and j-tube feedings, skin care, health care documentation, etc.
• Complete documentation and maintain records such as nursing notes, health care assessments, or health care treatment plans.
• Monitor medical record keeping systems and Medication Administration Program (MAP) to ensure compliance with all State and Federal regulations.
• Provide direct nursing care to individuals as needed.
• Provide clinical supervision of LPN’s in the assigned caseload when applicable
• Act as on-call consultant to staff on a rotating schedule.
• Performs all other duties and projects as assigned by the DHS or VP of LTSS
Requirements for the Position:
• Massachusetts Licensed Registered Nurse (RN)
• Proficient in clinical and professional interpersonal skills, verbal, writing, and computer skills
• Valid Driver's license
• Use of personal cellular telephone and vehicle for work purposes
Driver's License Required?
Licensed Practical Nurse
Registered Nurse Certified