To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Davis, CA
- Proposal Drafter 904
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Junior Proposal Writer
MV Transportation • Davis, CA
Posted 2 months ago
The Junior Proposal Writer is a member of the sales and client proposals group, who will work side by-side with a diverse and expert cross functional team. This position must work closely with the production team to garner the details of the project; contribute to editorial and administrative goals for the projects.
Our team is looking for an individual has:
- A positive and effective communicator
- A strong work ethic
- Excels working with a team and independently
- Excellent reading comprehension skills
- Superior writing skills (grammar, sentence structure, vocabulary)
- Initiative, dedication, commitment to each project
- Willingness to always go above and beyond
- Interest in long-term career advancement
As a Junior Proposal Writer, your core responsibilities will include:
- Read government solicitation bid documents and understand the content for each project
- Research transit-related subjects to create new boilerplate
- Create, format, edit resumes
- Create, format, edit biographical information
- Draft outlines of our proposals
- Copy, edit, and proofread all proposal materials
- Write reference blurbs and case studies on transportation services
- Interview individuals to gain insight for writing effective and persuasive resumes and biographies
- Adhere to the proposal schedule and all internal deadlines, coordinate proposal team meetings, and collect needed input from stakeholders
- Create and update proposal content for multiple product lines
Education and Experience Requirements
- BA or BS degree in English, Journalism, Psychology, or Social Science and three (3) + years of demonstrated complex proposal writing experience, preferably in public/passenger transportation
- Critical thinking skills are a must, as is creative problem solving and time management
- High Emotional Intelligence
- Highly advanced proficiency with MS 2013 Office Suite and the ability to perform extensive research is a requirement
MV Transportation is committed to as policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity and maintain employment statistics on applicants.
Where permissible under applicable state and local law, applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test and background check after receiving a conditional offer of employment.