DSV - Global transport and logistics
In 1976, ten independent hauliers joined forces and founded DSV in Denmark. Since then, DSV has evolved to become the world's 5th largest supplier of global solutions within transport and logistics. Today, we add value to our customers' entire supply chain by transporting, storing, packaging, re-packaging, processing and clearing all types of goods. We work every day from our many offices in more than 80 countries to ensure a steady supply of goods to production lines, outlets, stores and consumers all over the world. Our reach is global yet our presence is local and close to our customers. Read more at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Sales Manager, Outside Sales, Road
Location: [[Atlanta, GA]]
Job Posting Title: [[Sales Manager]]
The Sales Manager role is a key member of the DSV Road operations as they are responsible for developing and expanding DSV’s business within the transportation industry. They are trained and empowered to sell across the DSV Road product offerings, which includes, but is not limited to, transactional and solutions based opportunities. The Sales Manager is responsible for a geographic territory, and has the potential to follow freight and client needs on a national level. They play an important role in identifying and developing relationships with clients, and prospective clients, that typically go beyond a single point solution, and have a high degree of autonomy to manage the sales process with the full support of the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Creates and maintains a list ‘funnel’ of qualified prospective clients within a defined geographic territory in order to achieve set targets.
• Sells DSV Road product offerings including, but not limited to:
o Transport Management (TMS)
o Dedicated Trucking
o Truck Brokerage
o LTL and FTL
o Specialized trucking (out of gauge, project related)
• Targets and secures clients that are a match to the ideal product profile, ideal client profile, and are in line with the Company strategy.
• Identifies integrated service offerings by liaising with cross business units for support to create breadth within the client’s supply chains and strategic relationships.
• Takes accountability for coordinating the successful implementation products/services sold to ensure sustainable on-going revenue (SOP, SLA, KPIs and RFQ).
• Maintains the short-term relationship with the client to ensure satisfaction with the solution(s) provided, and drives growth with the client.
• Ensures successful handover of the client to the retention/account development executive to ensure a sustainable long-term relationship.
• Reviews and identifies opportunities through the Sales Process in order to maintain a successful pipeline and achieve sales targets.
• Engages with Senior Management on target clients and aligns DSV's services to their supply chains by means of a sale.
• Compiles and delivers proposal documents that are current, accurate, and in line with Company standards in order to secure new business.
• Compiles and delivers presentations that are current, accurate, and in line with Company standards in order to secure new business.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
Education and/or Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Logistics/Supply Chain, Business Administration, a related field, or experience in lieu of education.
• 5 years’ relevant sales experience, with a proven track record of success.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Professional Designations
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
• Proficient with computers and their programs, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet).
• English (reading, writing, and verbal).
• Both sales and operationally inclined – can sell as well as deliver.
• Logistics industry knowledge and/or experience.
• Exceptional listening skills.
• Strong track record selling into new accounts / logos and expanding services within existing accounts
• Excellent conceptual thinking skills – ability to formulate a creative solution to address customers’ needs
• Strong creative problem solving and analytical skills
• Good judgment and initiative
• Excellent verbal, written and visual/presentation communication skills
• Excellent relationship building skills, esp. at the C-suite
• Politically adept- Able to maneuver in large organizations
• Demonstrated ability to work in a matrix environment - must work well across multiple units across the company
• Internally motivated
• High integrity
• Working knowledge of Transportation Software – TMS, Brokerage or other – Advantageous
While performing the duties of this job, the employee uses his/her hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, or crouch; talk or hear. The employee uses computer and telephone equipment. Specific vision requirements of this job include close vision and distance vision. May require physical effort associated with using the computer to access information, or occasional standing, walking, lifting needed to carry out everyday activities. Travel is required for this role domestically and internationally.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee rarely is exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described above are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to travel by automobile, airplane, etc. up to 70% both domestic and international.
DSV is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, gender identify, sexual orientation, national origin, liability for military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. If you require special assistance or accommodation while seeking employment with DSV, please contact Human Resources at [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Sales Manager, Outside Sales, Road. If you are interested in learning the status of your application, please note you will be contacted directly by the appropriate human resources contact person if you are selected for further consideration. DSV reserves the right to defer or close a vacancy at any time.
DSV – Global transport and logistics
DSV is one of the very best performing companies in the transport and logistics industry. 47,000 employees in more than 75 countries work passionately to deliver great customer experiences and high-quality services – as part of the operation or in a variety of supporting roles. If you have drive and talent and enjoy responsibility, we’ll give you the support you need to explore your potential and forward your career. Read more at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Sales Manager, Outside Sales, Road