To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Philadelphia, PA 19107
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Sr Accountant-Clinical Trials Financial Management
The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia • Philadelphia, PA
Posted 11 days ago
Req ID: 25304
Employment Status: AF - Active - Regular - Full Time
The Senior Accountant will be reporting directly to the CTFM Finance Manager (Accounting Unit) this position will be responsible for overseeing the month end process, Payment Management Process, Complex Industry Study, Sponsored Project Invoicing, Study Close outs, Financial Reporting and Reconciliations, and assisting team with miscellaneous invoicing.
Facilitate and complete monthly close procedures.
Perform analysis of monthly of revenue and expenses and ensure that they are recorded appropriately on a monthly basis.
Prepare monthly account reconciliations
Assist with financial analysis where needed
Assume responsibility for the financial reporting and assisting with audit
Ensure payments and postings to Hospital Billing, Professional Billing and other entities are made timely and accurately.
Charges to grant/sponsor accounts for activities performed at CHOP are posted accurately and timely.
Validate and assist with verification of all aspects of postings.
Ensure that follow up with Sponsors is completed as to reduce accounts receivable.
Oversee the correcting of prior posting errors that have occurred.
Provide management with monthly metrics on revenue, invoicing activity and accounts receivable.
Monitor accuracy of study Lawson account numbers and list of contacts for payment approvals and follow up.
Prepare monthly work assignments for CTFM Accountants. Monitor invoicing and receivables activity performed by accountants. Prepare monthly reports of invoicing activity, revenue generated and outstanding receivables by each accountant.
Training and mentoring junior accountants.
Regulate internal controls.
Other projects as assigned.
Job Summary - continued
Completion of report of expenditures by required sponsor/internal deadline
All salaries charged to closing industry sponsored studies reconcile to GM templates
All non personnel expenditures are accurately and appropriately charged to grants
All expenses are charged to the correct grant year
Contacting subcontractees in order to obtain their final invoices before financial report due dates
Coordinate all collected data and work with Business Manager to complete the final report of expenditures
Submit reports of expenditures by funding agencies' required deadline
Cash Management Process
- Ensure cash is completed daily, and that postings are done accurately.
- Validate and assist with verification of all aspects of cash postings.
- Ensure that follow up with Sponsors is completed as to reduce unapplied cash. Also oversee the management of the Received Not Applied Account.
- Oversee the correcting of prior posting errors that have occurred.
- Provide management with monthly metrics on Cash volume.
- Completion of report of expenditures by required sponsor/internal deadline.
- All salaries charged to closing grants reconcile to GM templates.
- All non-personnel expenditures are accurately and appropriately charged to grants.
- All expenses are charged to the correct grant year.
- Contacting subcontractees in order to obtain their final invoices before financial report due dates.
- Coordinate all collected data and work with Business Manager to complete the final report of expenditures.
- Submit reports of expenditures by funding agencies' required deadline.
Grant Closeouts and Reconciliation
- Monthly, outstanding items for grants previously closed must be reconciled.
- Detail of Outstanding items must be maintained and available for review by management.
- City, State and Federal Contract Reconciliations completed monthly.
Federal Contract, State Account Management and Training Grants
- Complete required monthly reporting for Federal Contracts, often collaborating with RBM, PI, and NIH staff members.
- Responsible for monthly and/or quarterly invoicing of assigned complex State Grants, along with the completion of yearly closeout.
- Work with Accounting Manager on the closeout of Trainee Grants.
Education, Experience & Cert/Lic
Minimum of 3-4 years of sponsored project accounting.
BS in accounting or finance
Additional Technical Requirements
- Working knowledge of PC, Microsoft, and Lawson.
- High level of concentration and ability to handle deadlines in pressure situation.
- Analytical and problem solving skills are required.
- Strong verbal/written communication skills.
All CHOP employees who work in a patient building or who provide patient care are required to receive an annual influenza vaccine unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for its patients, family members, visitors and employees. In an effort to achieve this goal, employment at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, other than for positions with regularly scheduled hours in New Jersey, is contingent upon an attestation that the job applicant does not use tobacco products or nicotine in any form and a negative nicotine screen (the latter occurs after a job offer).
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor/Seeking priority referrals for protected veterans. Please contact our hiring official with any referrals or questions.
CHOP Careers Contact
2716 South Street, 6th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19146