Do you have a real passion for food and strong leadership skills?
Sodexo is seeking a Chef Manager for our Corporate Services segment in Green Bay, Wisconsin at a large industrial client site.
Looking for a dynamic, hands on culinarian to increase the appeal of our dining program. This candidate will be cooking with the team on a daily basis and must have a true passion for great food. The best candidate will be able to manage the team, ordering, inventory, production and menu development.
The primary functions for the chef that fills this role will be to elevate the culinary program in the cafe and support some diverse in-house catering functions. The culinary program in the cafe has a variety of stations, with a focus on action stations with local and wellness offerings. The ideal candidate should be innovative and willing to work with a team, overseeing about 4 hourly production staff.
We are seeking candidates with excellent client and customer facing service skills, the ability to multi-task, and the ability to lead other employees in a fast-paced environment. Candidates should be detail-oriented and committed to the highest level of customer service.
Why apply to this position?
- This position offers a steady daytime schedule, serving breakfast Mon-Sat and lunch Mon-Fri & catering as needed
- There is a great opportunity to make an impact and build a great team with an important account
- Sodexo provides unparalleled opportunities for career advancement
- You’ll have independence and autonomy
- Positive atmosphere - you'll get know the client well
- You’ll report to an experienced and knowledgeable manager
The ideal candidate will have experience with:
Managing the daily food production including production planning and controls
Ensuring the highest of culinary standards including recipe compliance and food quality
Managing food cost controls and compliance
Development the menus and managing inventory
Solid decision-making skills and ability to solve problems
Working knowledge of HACCP
Is this opportunity right for you? If your answer to the following questions is "yes" then please consider applying:
Management and Influence: Can you demonstrate your ability to successfully lead and inspire kitchen employees? Can you influence others to successfully complete their given tasks with high quality outcomes and within budget and time-frame?
Innovation: Can you show us great examples of your ability to add creativity to Sodexo’s café and dining menus?
Training: Can you develop and train culinary teams in new concepts?
Cost Controls: Can you successfully utilize Sodexo costing tools and computer software programs to manage and positively affect the food, labor and inventory costs for the campus including an understanding of product costs and maintaining GP targets? Do you have strong computer skills, ideally in Word and Excel?
Flexibility: Can you demonstrate your ability to flex and adapt to different types of communication styles and interact successfully with Sodexo staff and client customers?
We are seeking a Chef candidates with the following in their culinary “toolkits”:
- A strong artistic culinary flair – can you impress our customers with your culinary skills?
- Knowledge of current culinary trends – can you compete with big city food trends and top chefs?
- The ability to conduct research – Can you consistently provide sustainable and creative menu options based on national and global food trends?
- A strong work ethic – Do you always strive for the best and never cut corners?
Responsible for the day to day execution of the menus & culinary deliverables. May be responsible for smaller units within a multi-location.
- Executes the culinary function.
- Customer & Client satisfaction.
- Handles administrative functions.
Basic Education Requirement - High School Diploma or GED or equivalent
Basic Management Experience - 1 year
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.
Attention To Detail