Careers that Change Lives:
Bring your talents to an industry leader in medical technology and healthcare solutions - we're a market leader and growing every day. You can be proud to sell medical technologies that are rooted in our long history of mission-driven innovation. Our expanding portfolio delivers measurable clinical and economic value - and opens doors. You will be empowered to shape your own career. We support your growth with the training, mentorship, and guidance you need to own your future success. Together, we can transform healthcare.
Join us for a career in sales that changes lives.
Cranial and Spinal Technologies (CST) operating unit is redefining cranial and spinal procedures to reduce variability and improve outcomes with the goal of restoring long-term quality of life for more patients. We are the first company to offer an integrated solution that includes artificial intelligence-driven surgical planning, personalized spinal implants, and robotic-assisted surgical delivery to make patient care more customized.
CST is the market leader in spinal implants, robotics, and navigation. Our integrated operating unit is comprised 3 global businesses, Spine and Biologics, Enabling Technologies and China Cranial, Spinal Orthopedic Technologies.
This role will support our Enabling Technologies platforms, delivering an innovative portfolio that includes advanced imaging, navigation, robotics, customized implants, and pre-operative planning aided by artificial intelligence.
A Day in the Life:
At Medtronic, the Regional Capital Manager is responsible for Medtronic's Navigation, Imaging and Robotic sales activity and account strategies within assigned Region. Responsibilities include expert-level clinical knowledge of spine anatomy, the ability to build a team of advocates within each hospital, strong solution selling skills and the ability to ensure sales objectives are met on a consistent basis. The Regional Capital Managers are expected to provide an extraordinary degree of information gathering and presenting to buying teams throughout the capital equipment purchasing process.
This is a field based role.
Responsibilities may include the following and other duties may be assigned:
* Manage the complex sales process of into new hospitals and additional System sales within existing hospitals
* Build clinical and administrative support through technical presentations, executive meetings, marketing events, laboratory sessions and System test drives
* Identify key institutions, generate market awareness and drive sales within an assigned sales territory
* Effectively manage transition of initial sale and installation to the clinical sales team to drive procedural volume and rapid adoption
* Achieve quarterly sales targets
* Work with the Director of Capital Sales to develop a quarterly/yearly sales plan
* Build surgical advocacy teams at each hospital
* Develop initial contact and relationship with CEO and senior hospital administrator
* Organize and manage the sales process
* Develop expert level knowledge of primary spine/neuro procedures
* Ability to articulate the hospital,surgeon and patient value propositions
* Ability to articulate the ROI program at an executive level
* Resolve contractual issues and coordinate system installation upon purchase approval
* Handle all communications and administrative follow-up
We seek out and hire a diverse workforce at every level: We need fresh ideas and inclusive insights to continue to be an innovative industry leader - that's why we make it a point to seek out, attract and develop employees who are patient-centric, passionate, and who represent the same wide variety of life experiences as our patients.
To learn more about Inclusion & Diversity at Medtronic Click Here
Must Have: Minimum Requirements
To be considered for this role, please ensure the minimum requirements are evident on your resume.
* Bachelor's Degree AND 5 years of sales experience with 3 of those 5 years in medical sales; or
* Bachelor's Degree AND 3 years of Medtronic Neuroscience Clinical Specialist/ Sales Rep experience plus 2 years of prior clinical/medical experience.
Nice to Have:
* Ortho, Spine or O.R. experience
* Ability to interact effectively with a wide range of people and personalities.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job involve normal vision.
This role requires travel up to 70% of the time.
Requires a valid driver's license and active vehicle insurance policy. In addition, your driving record will be reviewed and will be considered as part of your application.
WORK ENVIRONMENT :
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
A commitment to our employees lives at the core of our values. We recognize their contributions. They share in the success they help to create. We offer a wide range of benefits, resources, and competitive compensation plans designed to support you at every career and life stage.
Learn more about our benefits here.
This position is eligible for both a short term incentive plan (SIP) and an annual long-term incentive plan (LTIP). Learn more about both of these plans on Page 6 here.
- Clinical Works
- Contract Management
- Customer Value Proposition