Client Software ArchitectIntroduction:
We are looking for an experienced Software Client Architect to join an established and growing international development team creating software solutions for the Retail Marketplace.Responsibilities:
- The Software Architect must have a broad technical background with extensive experience in designing, deploying, and supporting enterprise class software solutions in customer environments.
- The candidate will support activities with customers, external and internal industry groups.
- The candidate needs strong software technology, programming and analytical skills, teamwork, and excellent communication skills. The candidate will need to communicate at different levels in the organization including technical and business leaders both internal and in customer organizations.
- The Software Architect will produce high quality solution design documents that will depict the solution topology and how the solution will integrate with the customer’s IT infrastructure.
- The candidate will participate in workshops with customer stakeholders to gather requirements, identify gaps and how the solution could be configured and integrated to support customer needs in the most cost-effective manner.
- The candidate will participate and/or lead Architectural Review Boards discussions with technical leaders across the organization to ensure technical alignment, consistent design principles, practices, tools, and technologies. They will cement solid, reliable, and scalable Software solutions for our customers.
- Experienced delivering software products to customers
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- At least 15 years of experience in Software development
- At least 10 years of experience in Software leadership roles
- Knowledge of software development concepts, methodology and life cycle
- Experience building and supporting cloud based and client/server applications
- Customer consultation on Software configurations including cost estimates and tradeoffs
- Experience with high availability configurations for web architectures (application server, database, and hardware)
- Microservices Architecture
- System management and the administration of distributed systems
- Industry Enterprise Service Bus solutions
- Enterprise networks and the requirements needed for high volume and availability
- Application performance management technologies
- Ability to read/write code and proficiency with code versioning tools like Git
About the Company:
- Retail domain knowledge
- Enterprise class software solutions used by retailers
- Retail POS solution development and deployment
- Willingness to travel
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is a dynamic billion dollar global company based in Research Triangle Park, NC, providing retail store solutions to your favorite brands. Have you ever been in a hurry and made use of the self-checkout at Lowe’s Foods, earned fuel rewards at Kroger, or just paid for purchases at retailers such as Walmart, Michaels, Carrefour, The Gap, Calvin Klein, Boots, Cencosud, BJ’s, or Costco? These are just a few examples of our in-store solutions and impressive customer base that made us the world's installed market share leader.
The nature of retail is changing quickly, so if you share our 'Together Commerce' vision of a seamless two-way, participatory shopping experience, let’s get together to drive the new economy.Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions, Inc. offers a competitive salary and generous benefits package including the following:
- Group health coverage (medical, dental, & vision)
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Pre-tax spending accounts
- 401(k) plan w/ match
- Company provided life insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Employee discounts
- Generous paid holiday schedule, paid vacation & sick/personal days
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that evaluates qualified applicants without regard to age, ancestry, color, religious creed, disability, marital status, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression and sexual orientation or any other protected factor. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process should email [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Client Software Architect
to request an accommodation
- Apache Maven
- Application Performance Management
- Client Server Models
- Cloud Computing