To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Milwaukee, WI
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Admin Assistant II
Apex Systems • Milwaukee, WI
Posted 18 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Our client is looking for an Admin Assistant for a 1 year contract in downtown Milwaukee, WI. Please submit your updated resume if you are interested.
REQUIREMENTS: High school diploma and 3 - 5 years administrative experience. Associate degree in Business desired. Ability to type a minimum of 50 wpm accurately. Computer skills to include: word processing, spreadsheet, desktop publishing and database applications. Ability to work independently. Good organizational skills with attention to detail. Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize workload accordingly. In-depth knowledge of company procedures and policies in order to perform a wide variety of administrative support without prior clearance. Interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with both internal and external customers.
RESPONSIBILITY LEVEL: Perform general office duties within a field branch office which require knowledge of company procedures. Duties performed may include word processing, software support, file organization and maintenance, operation of office equipment, answering phones and greeting visitors for that location. Additionally, this position may provide day to day direction to Administrative Assistant I position. Work involves a wide range of administrative support and work coordination to a variety of functions and processes. Tasks will require problem solving skills and exercise of judgment within precedent and subject to approval.
1. TELEPHONE SYSTEM: ensure all phone calls to the main office phone lines are answered, including requests for operator assistance, provide system administrator support for telephone system including voicemail, automated attendant and scheduling assistance of telephone programming, changes and trouble reporting.
2. GENERAL CLERICAL SUPPORT: provide all general administrative support to include mail processing support, interoffice packets and overnight / courier service to area office and Milwaukee, maintain postage meter, fax distribution, routine filing with adherence to record retention policies, maintenance of office supply stock levels, maintenance of branch petty cash and issuance of branch checks. Provide shipping / receiving support for office, including UPS / courier duties. Arrangements for special meetings/training on an as required basis.
3. FACILITY SUPPORT: provide a professionally-maintained office environment. Responsible for repairs and maintenance of building and office equipment. Responsible for asset safekeeping, asset tagging and annual physical count. In addition, directly supervises service providers to include: janitorial, lawn, snow removal, vending, etc.
4. WORD PROCESSING: provide word processing support for location staff requests, i.e. letters, memos, short proposals.
5. CONTRACT BOOKING: provide installation contract booking support to include creation of required documents (certificates of insurance, bid bonds), contract folder or job book preparation, verifying compliance with area contract booking procedures.
6. AREA SUPPORT: provide administrative support for ongoing programs in the local office, for area management team when they are in the local office, as well as supporting requests from Area Office Administration. May require information gathering / research relative to overhead or inventory issues.
7. SMIS SUPPORT: provide local administrative maintenance of SMIS database. Ensures integrity of data content via regular review of opportunities, taking appropriate action to keep current.
8. HUMAN RESOURCES SUPPORT: may be responsible for new hire processing, including orientation, introduction to company benefits and processes, i.e. time and expense reporting, etc., maintain applicant flow logs, coordinate local Workers Compensation Claims to Area office for processing.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES: Perform other administrative support as appropriate for the specific field location. (Requirements may vary dependent upon organizational structure of a location). Assist with special projects initiated by the Area office or local leader.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or 844-463-6178.