MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
We are looking for a dynamic Accountant to perform general accounting functions for a portfolio of approximately 80,000 single-family rental properties.
Our Client is a top home leasing company for single families.
- Partners with other business units to gain an understanding their impact on the business.
- Interacts with field office teams to review financials results and provide needed financials review and analysis support.
- Prepares journal entries, completes bank reconciliations, and maintains balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Reviews the Balance Sheet and Income Statement to ensure accuracy.
- Ensures month-end close deadlines are met.
- Assists with external and internal audit requests (SOX, Compliance, Internal Controls, etc.).
- Participates in Company-provided training and identifies training to increase knowledge of single-family residential business.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field is required.
- 1+ years of experience in accounting and financial statement preparation is preferred.
- Intermediate-level knowledge of Excel functionality is required.
- Yardi experience a plus.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Analytical thinker with attention to detail and a problem-solving mindset.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Ability to perform advanced mathematical and accounting functions.
- Ability to follow and apply Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Ability to read and comprehend financial statements.
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills; ability to relate to others.
- Professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to set and meet goals and consistently meet deadlines
Competitive Compensation Plan
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles