Assists mechanics with basic maintenance and repair functions at all METRO Properties, including but not limited to Rail Stations, Park & Rides, Transit Centers, Medians, Track Way and all attached amenities to those facilities (including platforms, shelters, bus stops, etc). Assists licensed mechanics with electrical, plumbing and mechanical system repairs at METRO properties. Performs all cleaning, pressure washing and general labor under the responsibility of Public Facilities. Performs duties in a safe, efficient manner and in compliance with all applicable rules and safety procedures.
Responsibilities and Specific Duties
- Performs basic maintenance and repairs to property and equipment that does not require a craft/trade license.
- Assist Licensed Mechanics with repairs to mechanical, electrical and plumbing malfunctions with repairs.
- Maintains METRO Public Facilities properties by cleaning, repairing, installing, painting, power washing, striping lots and other related maintenance work as required.
- Assess METRO Public Facilities via visual inspections, for damage and hazardous conditions.
- Repairs, replaces installs and maintains all building structures using basic mechanic skills.
- Hand and spray paint building structures, equipment, trash barrels, drip trays, signs, sign stands, fences, striping facility parking lots etc.
- Cuts weeds, bushes, branches, fills in holes and removes hazardous objects throughout METRO service area.
- Performs outside maintenance as required, fills potholes, spreads asphalt, concrete, crushed rock etc.
- Repairs and maintains all METRO Public Facility property fences.
- Clean and pressure wash bus sheltered stops.
- Hang and remove signage at all METRO Public Facility properties and bus stops.
- Keeps work area stocked with supplies/materials for performing job.
- Records and reports facility and equipment deficiencies to supervisor.
- Promotes safety awareness and follows safety procedures in an effort to reduce or eliminate accidents.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent.
Years & Experience Required
Minimum two (2) years of general facility maintenance repair or construction experience.
Knowledge & Skills Required
Valid State of Texas Driver’s License. Good (verbal/written) communication skills. Able to complete/fill-out written reports, records and forms. Complete set of hand tools, in accordance with department tool list. Ability to operate any METRO support equipment. Able to maintain and/or obtain additional licensing or certifications as required. Must be customer oriented.
The Metropolitan Transit Authority of Harris County, Texas has a zero tolerance drug and alcohol policy for all employees. All internal and external applicants will be required to undergo drug testing before employment and will be subject to further drug and/or alcohol testing throughout their employment.
Further, employees who perform safety-sensitive functions will submit to drug and/or alcohol testing in accordance to the Department of Transportation (DOT) and the Federal Transit Administration (FTA) regulatory requirements.
We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, veteran status, genetic information or disability.
- Mechanical Engineering