CDL Driver – Class A or B with Boom exp.
Beacon Roofing Supply, Inc. is one of the largest distributors of residential and non-residential roofing and complementary building products in North America. Beacon currently has over 550 locations in 50 US states and 6 Canadian provinces and more than 8,500 employees. We are known throughout the building supply industry for having quality people, quality service and quality building products.
Beacon Roofing Supply is publicly traded on the NASDAQ stock market under the symbol BECN. In June of 2006, Beacon Roofing Supply was named to the NASDAQ Global Select Market.
We are currently seeking a CDL A or B Driver with Boom experience in our Interior Products Charlotte, NC location to ensure the accurate, efficient, and safe delivery of merchandise to job sites.
The Responsibilities Include:
- Provide quality service to customers using clear communication skills.
- Perform warehouse duties as assigned.
- Perform DOT-required pre-trip and post-trip inspections.
- Be compliant with all CSA 2010 requirements.
- Load and unload trucks and customer vehicles.
- Maintain accurate records for submission to Fleet Office.
- Ensure safety of vehicle; report all mechanical problems promptly to Fleet Office.
- Ensure safety and proper performance of helpers on company property, job site and in transit; Always requiring the use of proper safety gear, including hard hats and steel toe shoes.
- Follow job site preparation procedures and all operating and safety instructions for crane operations as defined in The Safety Policy.
- Address property-damage or personal injury occurrences immediately, including calling for medical attention, as needed.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Be knowledgeable regarding all Company products and services.
- Inspect loaded truck for accuracy of order, compliance with weight restrictions, and proper securing of load.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Valid Class A or B Commercial Driver’s License.
- Minimum of 1 year experience driving a commercial motor vehicle or proof of completion from an approved driving school.
- Boom crane experience. NCCCO certification a BIG plus.
- Satisfactory driving record per Company policy.
- Must pass all DOT requirements including physical examination and drug screen.
- Ability to lift up to 80 pounds.
- Forklift experience.
- Team player with good customer service skills.
- Ability to read, speak and write the English language.
- CDL drivers are subject to DOT random drug and alcohol tests.
- Must have reliable transportation to work each day.
- Must be able to physically and safely deliver products on roof with Boom.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
URL blocked - click to apply
Drive Commercial Vehicle