Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients.
Chubb Personal Risk Services is looking for an Underwriting Manager for New York City in our Whitehouse Station, NJ location.
The successful candidate will work as an integral part of the Underwriting Center leadership team by contributing to the achievement of business results. This individual must demonstrate the ability to effectively transfer knowledge to the staff by enabling them to grow and develop as underwriters while demonstrating strong business acumen and a balanced underwriting approach. Success will require strong oral and written communication skills, ability to speak in a public forum, demonstration of collaboration skills with various stakeholders, knowledge of the insurance marketplace and strong negotiation skills.
This is an excellent position to prepare candidates for advancement within the Chubb organization.
- Maintain and develop relationships with the NYC Branch
- Handle referrals for authority
- Provide ongoing performance coaching to maximize employee contributions and achievement of goals
- Identify training and developmental needs of direct reports, establish development plans and execute performance management processes
- Evaluate team and individual productivity and timeliness results to maximize efficiency
- Conduct and report on quarterly self-audits
- Collaborate with branch on Agency anagement
- Enhance underwriter’s agency management skills
- Recruit, onboard and coordinate training for new team members
- Strong business and financial acumen
- Superior communication, interpersonal and process management skills
- Effective influence/collaboration capabilities
- Ability to effectively multitask and balance multiple priorities
- Results orientation
- Demonstrated record of teamwork
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Personal Lines underwriting experience
- Proven leadership capabilities
Chubb strives to offer a diverse and inclusive and rewarding work environment. Teamwork and mutual respect are central to how Chubb operates and we believe the best solutions draw upon diverse perspectives, experiences and skills. We operate in such a way where everyone, regardless of their singular background has the opportunity to contribute to our collective success.
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran, or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.