Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making healthcare data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
OptumRx is seeking an overall leader for Government Programs – Medicare, Medicaid, and Exchanges. This individual will be the General Manager and ultimate P&L owner for these programs, owning the strategy, working with client segment leaders to own key relationships, and working with operational partners to ensure end-to-end execution. This individual will need to build on OptumRx’s current capabilities, ultimately delivering a market leading program that ensures compliance with all regulations and creates differentiation in the marketplace. The individual’s success will be measured by the company’s market position in these segments, client satisfaction, and ultimately the growth delivered.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Set the vision and strategic plan for OptumRx’s Government programs
- Own the end-to-end success of the Government business, with full P&L accountability
- Understand how the Government business operates as a system and identify critical levers that enable success under the system
- Hold ultimate responsibility for regulatory compliance across for Medicare, Medicaid, and Exchange programs
- Identify business opportunities that create long-term value and prioritize against short-term priorities
- Establish OptumRx as a market leader on Government programs
- Build OptumRx’s market positioning strategy based on competitive intelligence and game plan to effectively compete and win in the market
- Represent the company at prospects and clients to showcase understanding and vision for Government programs, demonstrating ability to help them achieve their strategic goals, and therefore earning the right to win and keep their business
- Develop innovative products, services, or work processes relevant and applicable to Government programs that lead to new wins and growth in the market
- Work with internal and external advocacy to shape and influence positive legislative and regulatory changes to Government programs
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills and abilities
- Establish professional credibility by proactively building strong relationships at all levels of the organization
- Manage enterprise-wide alignment and execution on all Government-related programs and offerings, including marketing, pricing, clinical, and product development
- Influence stakeholders at multiple levels in the organization to implement innovation and new ways of working that support our efforts in the Government market
- Sponsor and lead on all Government-related initiatives including scope creation, ROI development, stakeholder engagement, and successful execution
- Develop a leadership team through candidate selection, effective onboarding and training, goal setting and mentorship, as well as make course corrections when needed to get an individual or team back on track
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of progressively responsible management experience in healthcare environment, most recently at the senior executive level
- Experience in Government programs in healthcare and working knowledge of the regulatory and compliance requirements under which they operate
- Experience working in and managing a relevant combination of sales, business development, operational effectiveness, market and client relationship development, and the development, implementation and management of growth-directed strategies
- Proven ability to establish effective working relationships with executives and key business partners to drive a change agenda
- Proven ability to collaborate cross-functionally with teams in fast-moving and dynamic business settings
- Capability to build a team and operate with a geographically distributed network of colleagues to solve problems quickly
- Demonstrated strategic thinking abilities and an enterprise-wide perspective
- Strong communication, influencing, problem solving and negotiation skills
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained.
- Master’s degree
- Experience in the pharmacy industry
Careers with OptumRx. We’re one of the largest and most innovative pharmacy benefits managers in the US, serving more than 12 million people nationwide. Here you’ll fill far more than prescriptions. As a member of one of our pharmacy teams, you’re empowered to be your best and do whatever it takes to help each customer. You’ll find unrivaled support and training as well as a wealth of growth and development opportunities driven by your performance and limited only by your imagination. Join us. There’s no better place to help people live healthier lives while doing your life’s best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $275,000 to $350,000. The role is also eligible to participate in UHG’s annual bonus and long-term incentive plans. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: telecommute, remote, work from home, 924950