To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Festus, MO 63028
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
RN-GN PCU Full Time Nights
Mercy • Festus, MO
Posted 1 month ago
We’re a Little Different
Our mission is clear. We bring to life a healing ministry through our compassionate care and exceptional service.
At Mercy, you’ll feel our supportive community every step of your day, especially the tough ones. We’re a team and love working that way. We have opportunities for nurses who are inspired to pioneer new models of care and want to transform the healthcare experience. Work with advanced technology and innovative procedures. Be state of the art, and never stop exploring. We’re expanding to help our communities grow, offering an exceptional opportunity to join our team.
What we offer…
- Shift Differential Incentive Pay.
- 10,000 Bonus for nurses with 1yr of experience.
- BSN Differential Pay for those applicants who have completed a BSN program.
- RN to BSN Bridging Program to assist in the pursuit of a Bachelor’s degree.
- Up to $2,000 annually for Tuition Reimbursement.
- RN Loan Forgiveness Program to aide in paying off your student loan debt.
- Up to $5,000 per year over a period of 4 ½ years ($20,000 cap).
(Must graduate within the past 12-months of beginning employment with Mercy to qualify)
- Career Ladder Program – Eligible after one year of service, RNs can opt into the Career Ladder Program. The Career Ladder for Professional Mercy Nurses is a program developed for RNs to be recognized for their role in providing clinical excellence, dedication to patient/family/co-worker satisfaction and recognizing their commitment to the profession of nursing at Mercy and the surrounding community. You can receive up to $5000 for this recognition.
The fellowship experience includes:
The Critical Care Fellowship is a 16 week hands on training experience. The fellowship is a two way, open communication process that has the main goal of making our co-workers comfortable with all of the tools that they will need to use on the floor.
- We require a nursing degree from an accredited school.
- You’ll also need a current RN license in our state.
- Basic life support training should be completed in 90 days with advanced training required at certain intervals.
Utilizes the Mercy Nursing Conceptual Framework and nursing process to provide patient care. Maintains professional accountability for provision of patient care for the assigned patients. Coordinates the patient care in conjunction with other departments. Maintains patient rights and confidentiality of patient information.
a. Demonstrates caring practices in interactions with patients, families and other co-workers, including, but not limited to
- Responsiveness to the patient and family
b. Demonstrates ability to assess and identify actual physical, psychosocial and spiritual needs of patient and families, and documents in the medical record.
c. Initiates, updates and maintains care plan, Including discharge planning upon admission in timely manner to reflect changing needs of patients and families.
d. Demonstrates appropriate knowledge base related to medications and adheres to hospital policies regarding their administration.
e. Identifies patient education needs and utilizes appropriate resources to meet those needs, documenting patient/S.O. response to teaching.
f. Demonstrates clinical reasoning skills, which includes decision-making, critical thinking and a global grasp of the situation, coupled with Implementing appropriate nursing interventions in routine situations.
g. Documents the evaluation of their effectiveness in relation to patient goals.
h. Follows policies and procedures on documentation requirements which meet regulatory/accreditation standards.
i. Demonstrates evidence of implemented changes as a result of evidence based nursing.
j. Demonstrates evidence of seeking additional knowledge and skills appropriate to the practice setting by participating in educational programs and activities, conferences, workshops, interdisciplinary professional meetings, and self-directed learning.
k. Functions in role of preceptor by maximizing the performance of new co-workers, promoting high standards of patient care, increasing nurse retention, and promoting a spirit of unit teamwork. Also supports and mentors unit experienced nurses so they can assume the role of effective preceptors.
We’ll Support You at Work and Home
Getting respect doesn’t come easy in healthcare. Modern Healthcare Magazine named us as a “top 100 places to work.” We go out of our way to help people feel welcomed. We offer day-one comprehensive health, vision and dental coverage, PTO, and employer-matched retirement funds, even to part-time employees. We’re proud to provide tuition reimbursement to help you grow and learn new skills.
What Makes a Good Match for Mercy
Compassion and professionalism go hand-in-hand with us. Having a positive outlook and a strong sense of advocacy is in perfect step with our mission and vision. We’re also collaborative and are not afraid to do a little extra to deliver excellent care-that’s just part of our commitment. If that sounds like a fit for you as well, we encourage you to apply.