Category Manager, Procurement 1
The Category Manager (procurement) identifies and develops sources of supply for goods and services.
* Manage both national accounts and local accounts of supplier contract/price negotiations as it pertains to MRO/Non-Energy Raw Materials. Addressable spend >$10MM/year.
* Direct and review spend at the plant level to reduce/minimize maverick buying by non-purchasing groups.
* Participate in the capital procurement process; work with internal stakeholders on vendor screening, bidding and selection.
* Collaborates with stakeholders and leadership to identify and develop requirements for equipment, materials, products, and acceptable substitutions.
* Assesses current material availability; predict future availability based on the market, delivery systems, and other variables.
* Prepares and processes purchase orders and requisitions for materials, supplies, and equipment via SAP.
* Resolves disputes with vendors, contractors, and suppliers.
* A bachelor's degree is required for this position. A concentration in business, supply chain, engineering or finance is preferred.
* At least ten years of experience in procurement; this experience may have been gained in positions such as purchasing agent, buyer, category manager, or contracts manager. Experience in chemicals and/or oil and gas is a strong plus.
* Proficiency in SAP, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word. SoftCon, DocuSign-CLM, Avetta, and other generally used third party procurement tools proficiency is required.
* The ability to work within a global organization and within a multidisciplinary and multicultural team is essential.
* A solid understanding of strategic, technical, legal, finance, taxation, and commercial issues that arise within the procurement function is necessary.
* Ability to travel domestic and internationally ~10% of the time is required.
EOE AA M/F/VET/Disability:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
- Contract Management
- Diversity Awareness
- Docu Sign