JT4 provides engineering and technical support to multiple western test ranges for the U.S. Air Force and Navy under the Joint Range Technical Services Contract, better known as J-Tech II. We develop and maintain realistic integrated test and training environments, and prepare our nation's war-fighting aircraft, weapons systems, and air crews for today's missions and tomorrow's global challenges.
•This position is contingent upon customer funding of the position.
JT4 is seeking entry level to senior level engineers for career opportunities in broad and diverse fields with career advancement. JT4 is the Prime Contractor delivering engineering and technical services to develop and test leading-edge technologies for our nation's aircraft weapon systems and aircrews across open air test ranges. Engineering disciplines that align with ongoing technical services include aeronautical, analog and digital electronics, computer, digital signal processing, electromagnetics, mechanical, RF (air and ground-based), software, structures, systems, and telecommunications. All engineering disciplines will be considered for employment opportunities. Engineers will research, design, develop, integrate, test, and sustain engineering solutions and products to support the tactics and testing of war-fighting systems. Strong mathematical skills, logic and the ability to rise and achieve successes will make you a solid candidate. All positions under this requisitions are located in Las Vegas, Nevada. Responsibilities vary from entry level engineering problems to leading teams in solving complex technical projects. Examples of job responsibilities are:
• Plan, conduct, and technically direct projects or major phases of significant projects requiring the expert application of advanced knowledge
• Develop and apply advanced methods, theories, and research techniques in the investigation and solution of complex and difficult system design requirements and problems.
• Develop data collection requirements, instrumentation possibilities, and analysis capabilities
• Use industry-wide applications as well as unique software to develop project tools for analysis and modeling of attributes of the engineering task
• Directly interface with internal and external customers at all levels from quotation to final design and test activities, design reviews, and technical working group meetings to comply with requirements and specifications
• Develop solutions for complex EW, RF, and communication protocol test problems
• Support development of technical proposals and provide comments on the technical content and level of effort of the proposed scope of work
• Represent the Company as technical advisor in high-level meetings and briefings with Company and customer personnel
• Be recognized as a Company/industry expert on the most complex engineering problems
• Conduct site visits and experimental investigations and analyze engineering problems, propose solutions and alternatives, and provide recommendations
• Be able to remain flexible in the face of rapidly changing schedules
• Be able to work well with military and civil service team partners and articulate ideas in a diverse discipline environment REQUIREMENTS Applicants must have an Engineering degree from an ABET accredited program. US-only citizenship and eligibility for a Department of Defense Top Secret security clearance are required. Applicants must have a valid state-issued driver's license. Minimum requirements/experience for each level Engineer listed below: Engineer I: The incumbent must have a Bachelor of Science in Engineering from an ABET-accredited academic institution. Engineer II: The incumbent must have a Bachelor of Science in Engineering from an ABET-accredited academic institution with 2 years of related engineering experience, or have an accredited Master of Science in Engineering. Engineer III: The incumbent must have a Bachelor of Science in Engineering from an ABET-accredited academic institution and 4 years of related engineering experience, or have an accredited Master of Science in Engineering with at least 2 years of related engineering experience, or have an accredited doctoral degree in Engineering. Engineer IV: The incumbent must have a Bachelor of Science in Engineering from an ABET-accredited academic institution and 8 years of related engineering experience, or have an accredited Master of Science in Engineering with at least 6 years of related engineering experience, or have an accredited doctoral degree in Engineering with at least 4 years of related engineering experience. Engineer V: The incumbent must have a Bachelor of Science in Engineering from an ABET-accredited academic institution and 14 years of related engineering experience, or have an accredited Master of Science in Engineering with at least 10 years of related engineering experience, or have an accredited doctoral degree in Engineering with at least 8 years of related engineering experience. DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS Former military or Government experience desired. Open-air RF or closed-loop protocol testing preferred for most positions. Software Development and testing experience desired for some positions.
Each employee must read, understand, and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality, and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures, and policies pertaining to his/her job. ENG17 JCORP12
This position involves work typical of an office environment with no unusual hazards. There is occasional lifting up to 20 pounds, constant sitting with occasional use of a computer terminal, constant use of sight abilities while reviewing documents, constant use of speech/hearing abilities for communication, and constant mental alertness. Routine travel to remote Company work locations may be required. DISCLAIMER The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of persons so classified. SCC: JENG17; CORP12 Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
- Communications Protocols
- Data Collection
- Digital Signal Processing