Watch your work come to life in landmark projects around the world when you partner with Syska Hennessy Group! As a global leader in consulting, engineering, and commissioning services, we specialize in MEP, information and communication technology, architectural lighting, vertical transportation, and commissioning. We currently have an opportunity for a Plumbing Engineering Summer Intern.
Our dynamic work environment provides the optimal setting for a positive learning experience as an intern. From our supportive culture, diverse workforce, and competitive compensation, to our flexible work schedules and fun social events, it is everything you will need for an exciting, challenging, and rewarding internship.
As an intern, you will support our engineering teams working towards our designs that are inspiring, demanding and highly collaborative. You will learn from others, and they will expect to learn from you. You will share in the responsibility, rewards, and recognition of producing truly innovative solutions and complete client satisfaction. The pace is fast, and the camaraderie is close.
Some responsibilities include:
* Assist engineers in preparing design documentation
* Prepare AutoCAD and Revit drawings of Electrical systems
* Assist engineers with design calculations and sizing building Electrical systems
* Assist engineers with field investigations and construction site visits to observe
* Attend intern education program lunch-and-learn sessions
The ideal candidate will enjoy a team environment and also flexible enough to work independently where needed. Candidates for this role will be eager to expand their knowledge by challenging themselves and using the highly technical resources around them.
Additional job requirements:
* Pursing a bachelor's Degree from accredited university in Electrical engineering
* Must be at a minimum in your second year
* Previous engineering internship or co-op experience a plus
* Knowledge in the latest version of MEP AutoCAD and REVIT is a plus
* Basic knowledge in design and calculation software; MS Office Suite
Join us this summer to prepare for your career as an Engineer through our Intern Education Program. This program consists of lunch- and- learn sessions covering various aspects of our business while gaining "hands-on" experience working with our engineers and visiting project sites. Once you graduate, jump start your career by joining Syska Hennessy Group and our EDT program.
About the EDT Program
Our Company is committed to developing engineers into respected technical experts and versatile business leaders. In keeping with that aim, interns that are hired for full time employment upon graduation can take advantage of our Engineering Development Training (EDT) program; an accelerated, but thorough training curriculum. This curriculum will teach not only the technical aspects of our profession, but industry specific business aspects as well. Our senior engineers will work closely with each participant to foster a strong mentor/apprentice relationship.
As a member of our highly collaborative team, we also provide our full-time employees with a flexible benefits package that reflects our respect for your workplace contributions, professional goals, and personal priorities. The personal benefits program at Syska Hennessy Group includes:
* Medical, Dental, Vision insurance
* 401(k) retirement plan with employer matching
* Individual and Dependent Life Insurance
* Short- and Long-Term Disability
* Health Wellness Programs including flu shots and biometric screenings
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Training and professional development courses
* Professional development incentive bonuses
* Opportunities for community outreach through internal networks
* Personal Time Off Program (PTO)
* Transit/parking program
* Monthly business phone stipend
* Work from home Fridays
At Syska, we have cultivated a community that supports learning and provides guidance for professional development and further our culture of excellence. We promote an environment that is committed to embedding diversity and equality into the core of our business and culture. We empower our employees so they can take ownership for their work and development and strive to continually improve themselves and our firm. We rely on the talent, drive, enthusiasm, and the total job satisfaction of the great people who work here for our success! Syska is a place where you can build an exceptional career and have a lasting impact on the world.
CVID-19 vaccination required of all new employees.
Syska Hennessy Group
Integrating the best minds and technology to help clients create exceptional environments
- Auto Cad
- Autodesk Revit
- Electrical Engineering