To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Athens, GA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Compassus • Athens, GA
Posted 8 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Current Compassus Colleagues: Please apply via Workday.
Position Title: Admissions Coordinator
“My favorite part of my job is when someone calls and doesn’t know what to do and needs help. I can explain what we can do for them and ease their mind, letting them know how we can help them.”
-Kerri, Admissions Coordinator
At Compassus, we are dedicated to compassionate care, clinical excellence and providing comfort and support to patients and their families facing the end of life. As an Admissions Coordinator, you will be working with the families and patients at the beginning of their hospice journey by explaining benefits, coordinating care and sharing your knowledge about the hospice philosophy. We help support families and patients to serve as a guide through the hospice care process they are about to begin. For many of our team members, this is more than a career — it’s a calling.
Do you want to make a difference in the lives of others? Join our team today as a Hospice Admissions Coordinator to positively impact the experiences of our patients and families.
The Admissions Coordinator processes patient referrals, coordinates the admission of patients, and enters patient admission data after all requirements of hospice have been met and documented.
- Contact physician to secure an order for the admission
- Contact insurance company for pre-certification authorization
- Schedule appointment with patient and family for informed consent
- Explain hospice services and benefits to patients, family members, and significant others
- Establish patient chart, ensuring all documentation is signed and dated
- Provide back-up support for the Hospice Care Consultant
- Effective organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Must have reliable transportation
- High sense of integrity
- History of effective communication with physicians, nurses and other healthcare personnel
- Experience in insurance and Medicare/Medicaid billing and reimbursement preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
Education and Experience
High School Diploma or General Education Degree or two to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
Compassus, including all Compassus affiliates, complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex. Compassus, including all Compassus affiliates, does not exclude people or treat them differently because of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex. Join our Talent Network at the link below to stay up to date on our current openings.