9NEWS, Colorado's number one news station is looking for a talented, multi-skilled journalist to join our award winning sports department. Can you write compelling content and produce great stories? Do you love to shoot and edit sports related content? Do you have a strong digital and social presence? All these skill set are what we're looking for in the position of a Digital Sports Producer.
The following is a brief description of some of the duties and requirements:
- Responsible for developing and producing sports news and special content for KUSA-TV and all 9NEWS digital platforms.
- This position requires excellent social media skills and knowledgeable about how to use social media to generate traffic.
- Applicants should have good news judgment, strong writing skills, photography experience and non-linear editing skills.
- Strong storyteller who can produce and enterprise original content live on-air and on-line.
- Operation of TV and digital equipment (i.e. DSLR and TV cameras, audio and lighting equipment)
- Identify potentially viral stories.
- Research, create, write and publish original content to 9news.com/sports and 9NEWS Sports Facebook.
- Shoots, writes scripts, edits stories and may be asked to report stories on-air.
- Generate high school sports content for digital, social, and broadcast.
- Flexible Schedules depending on sports schedules and game times.
- Minimum 2-5 years reporting/photojournalism/producing experience.
- Journalism and/or Mass Communication degree preferred.
- A link to your resume reel with examples of your work and current references is highly recommended
- If a link to your work is not available please send your non-returnable resume DVD/tape to: 9News, Attn: Brian Olson/EP Sports, 500 Speer Blvd., Denver, CO 80203
- Photoshop and After Effects skills are preferred.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. With 49 television stations and two radio stations in 41 markets, TEGNA delivers relevant content and information to consumers across platforms. It is the largest owner of top 4 affiliates in the top 25 markets, reaching approximately one-third of all television households nationwide. Each month, TEGNA reaches 50 million adults on-air and approximately 30 million across its digital platforms. TEGNA has been consistently honored with the industry's top awards, including Edward R. Murrow, George Polk, Alfred I. DuPont and Emmy Awards. TEGNA also delivers innovative and unparalleled solutions for advertisers through TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS). TMS is a one-stop shop that helps businesses thrive through an unmatched suite of services and solutions that reach consumers across television, email, social and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA's OTT advertising service. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. For more information, visit URL blocked - click to apply
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.