At Gentherm, we say, “It’s about the person.” We’re with you on a cold winter day when you turn on your heated seat and steering wheel or helping manage patient body temperature in the operating room, recovering room or intensive care units. We take a human approach with everything we do.
As the global leader in thermal management technologies we embrace the opportunity to create and deliver extraordinary thermal solutions that make meaningful differences in everyday life. We do this by improving health, wellness, comfort and energy efficiency.
We embrace an entrepreneurial spirit and combine that with our global leadership to deliver results. Working at Gentherm provides you the opportunity to not only shape the future of the automotive and medical industries, but also influence your career throughout the company. You will be engaged, challenged and inspired by our team to deliver leading thermal technologies that positively impact lives around the world.
Financial Reporting Manager
IMPACT and OPPORTUNITY
The Financial Reporting Manager plays a critical role in our overall financial reporting and accounting processes. This role is responsible for gathering and preparing financial information for SEC filings, performing technical accounting research, writing whitepapers, and maintaining global accounting policies. The Financial Reporting Manager plays a pivotal role in the accounting assessment and conclusion for some of the Company’s most complex technical accounting matters. You will work with a diverse and cross-functional team, domestically and internationally, and have significant interaction with senior management. Since the Company operates in a dynamic environment, you will be exposed to numerous new accounting transactions and encouraged to think critically to propose suggestions on the appropriate accounting treatment.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare and review the financial information and disclosures included in our SEC filings (10-Qs, 10-Ks, earnings releases, proxy statement, etc.)
- Manage the process of gathering, preparing, and reviewing of schedules to support financial statement disclosures.
- Oversee the XBRL tagging process on applicable SEC filings.
- Monitor changes in U.S. GAAP and SEC requirements to ensure accounting policies and financial reporting are in compliance.
- Perform technical accounting research and prepare white papers to support accounting positions.
- Assist in developing, documenting, and maintaining global accounting policies.
- Work directly with internal and external auditors to provide analyses and any required audit documentation necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Certified Public Accountant
- Minimum of 5 years of public accounting and/or public company experience
- Experience with SEC reporting
- Big 4 audit experience
- High level of competence and proficiency in U.S. GAAP and financial reporting
- Knowledge of design and execution of internal controls
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Process oriented with significant attention to detail
- Independently motivated to research and problem solve
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
NICE TO KNOW
TRAVEL: Local, Less than 5%
LEADERSHIP RESPONSIBLITIES: None
- Understand the mission and output of your team; set SMART objectives and deliver
- Focus on agility and commitment to continuous improvement; Understand and act on internal and external drivers of change
- Foster a culture of learning and development; Support individual growth through continuous feedback to achieve personal and professional goals
- Openly embrace, create, implement and support new and innovative ideas, processes and technology that deliver business results
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
All positions in our office require interaction with people and technology while either standing or sitting. In order to best service our customers, internal and external, all associates must be able to communicate face-to-face and on the phone with or without reasonable accommodation. Gentherm is committed to compliance with its obligations under all applicable state and federal laws prohibiting employment discrimination. In keeping with this commitment, it attempts to reasonably accommodate applicants and employees in accordance with the requirements of the disability discrimination laws. It also invites individuals with disabilities to participate in a good faith, interactive process to identify reasonable accommodations that can be made without imposing an undue hardship.
Gentherm is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles