To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Gloversville, NY 12078
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
The Family Counseling Center • Gloversville, NY
Posted 29 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Who we are looking for…
Are you a financial guru who is a self-starter; organized and personable with the ability to prioritize and interpret complex financial information? If you answered yes, then we may have a position for you! The Family Counseling Center is looking for a Finance Director.
Successful candidates will exhibit the ability to interact with our team in a positive encouraging way, demonstrate a professional demeanor, understand and support our mission with a strong desire to help others. Problem solving skills, commitment to the team and proven financial background are required. A supportive leadership mentality and positive attitude will aid in your success as you will be responsible to work as part of our Executive team to plan, coordinate, and supervise all financial operations within the organization.
Qualified candidates must have a minimum of 5 to 10 years of progressively responsible fiscal management and leadership experience with responsibility for overall budgetary, accounting and fiscal operations in a healthcare, behavioral healthcare or human service non-profit environment to include demonstrated knowledge of non-profit accounting and auditing principles, contract management and administration. BA in Finance or Accounting is required with MBA and/or CPA preferred.
Why you should join us…
The Family Counseling Center provides a broad range of high-quality mental health and social services, with particular attention to the needs of children and families.
Founded in response to the need for counseling services in Fulton County, we are committed to fostering a safe, encouraging and positive impact on the community and people we serve.
The agency is a charitable 501(C)(3) organization which continues to help youth, families, couples, and individuals who seek a brighter future. Our professional staff provides a variety of emotional, social, community and mental health supports.
We offer competitive salary and benefits, including health insurance, dental plans, life insurance, flex sending, paid time off, paid training and a 401(k)-retirement plan.
We are passionate about people and providing excellent care. By joining our team, you will be provided a variety of opportunities in a rewarding career where it is possible to make a difference and have a significant impact in the lives of others.
What are the job duties…
- Provide oversight in the billing and collection of health care services accounts receivable.
- Ensure financial compliance with ALL regulatory requirements established
- Maintain all agency fiscal operations within Generally Accepted Accounting Practices
- Prepare the agency’s annual budget with providing recommendations and justifications where necessary.
- Prepare budget proposals and narratives in response to Requests for Proposals from various funding streams.
- Develop and facilitate quarterly training opportunities to supervisory and other staff on matters related to budgets and fiscal control.
- Prepare the Consolidated Budget Report (CBR) and Consolidated Fiscal Report (CFR) within the guidelines set by the Office of Mental Health.
- Oversight of agencies’ receivables, including the Outpatient Mental Health Clinic and Domestic Violence programs.
- Process monthly, quarterly financial reports for review by the agency’s Board of Directors, funding streams and contractual programs.
- Supervise the agencies’ daily fiscal situation, including cash flow, bank accounts, and bank reconciliations.
- Lead staff and coordinate work performed by bookkeeping staff, payroll and accounts payable; including hiring, training, scheduling, and conducting performance evaluations.
- Supervise purchasing processes, including maintenance of internal sub accounting systems and related files.
- Assist in the development of policy and procedural manuals and guidelines for effective management of fiscal systems.
- Analyze problem areas in financial systems, revising established procedures, and devising new systems to ensure agency’s fiscal viability.
- In conjunction with the Deputy Executive Director to represent the agency in dealings with county, state, federal and private agencies for fiscal matters.
- Engage in ongoing education and participation in training sessions provided by the Office of Mental Health and other licensing bodies.
- Prepare of agency’s financial reports and other materials in preparation for annual fiscal audit.
- Support and participate in agency Continuous Quality Improvement activities.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field is required.
- Five (5) years of auditing, accounting or fiscal management experience, two of which must have been in a supervisory capacity, and two in a not for profit human service agency setting. A Master’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or Public Administration may be substituted for up to one year of non-supervisory and non-not for profit experience.
- Computer expertise with modern financial software.
- Thorough knowledge of the principles and practices of business administration, including budgetary preparation and controls.
- Comprehensive knowledge of federal, state and local laws and regulations pertaining to the business administration of the agency.
- Superior knowledge of modern accounting principles, practices and procedures.
- Working knowledge of HR and payroll rules and regulations
- Ability to plan, coordinate and supervise the work of others and evaluate performance.
- Ability to comprehend complex written materials.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with others with tact, courtesy, initiative and resourcefulness.
accounting, cpa, director, ap, ar, finance, financial, gloversville, ny, fulton, job, jobs, mental, health, team, culture, cfo, controller, finance director, director of finance