This role is eligible for a $2,000 sign-on bonus
PerformRx is a Pharmacy Benefits Manager (PBM) dedicated to clinical culture, boutique service and holistic solutions. Our mission is to help customers, doctors and patients use effective medication therapy to improve health and wellness. For more than 15 years, our focus has been on providing optimal service through a clinical culture which seeks to provide members with high quality care while ensuring our partners receive favorable costs. That culture is reflected in our employees; more than 80 percent of our staff members are Pharmacists and Pharmacy Technicians, and in the services we provide.
PerformRx is headquartered in Philadelphia. Our dedication to innovation and to providing the most efficacious outcomes is the core of our clinical culture and is the heart of PerformRx. PerformRx is a subsidiary of the AmeriHealth Caritas Family of Companies.
To maintain, review, and provide consultation on basic to moderately complex customer benefits. The Pharmacy Benefits Claims Analyst also analyzes claims reports to identify trends, issues, and present recommendations.
- Maintains strong knowledge of Commercial and Exchange-Related Benefit Designs including a familiarity with Commercial Benefits Configurations with both Medical and Pharmacy-Combined Benefit Designs.
- Maintains knowledge of Medicare and Medicaid-related benefit designs, including knowledge of CMS guidance and regulations applicable to Pharmacy Benefits.
- Maintains knowledge of Coordination of Benefits (COB) and determining pharmacy payment liability between multiple payers, including Medicare, Medicaid and Commercial Pharmacy Benefits.
- Researches benefit and claims related inquiries from PerformRx clients and internal departments.
- Makes recommendations for fulfilment of basic to moderately complex benefit requests, including presenting these recommendations to PerformRx management and clients upon request.
- Organizes and documents benefit design specifications in a standardized, client-facing format for submission to the claims processing vendor.
- Prepares test plans, scenarios, and executes manual and batch testing in User-Acceptance Testing and Production/Live Testing environments in the claims processing software.
- Monitors and reports claims activity based upon benefit set-up to ensure accurate processing according to the approved requirements from the client.
- Troubleshoots reported claims defects and provides detailed summary of analysis and all available solutions for immediate mitigation with the Claims Processor.
- Processes claims transaction requests (rework).
- Makes recommendations to management based upon trend analysis.
- Reviews and writes comprehensive reports, identifies alternatives, and makes recommendations to management and clients, upon request.
- Participation including leading of audits related to benefit or claims activity.
- Performs other related duties and projects as assigned by the Managers or department Director as required.
Supports and carries out the PerformRx Mission & Values.
- Adheres to all AmeriHealth Caritas and PerformRx policies and procedures.
- Maintains a current knowledge base of PerformRx programs, services, policy and procedures.
- Regularly reviews and adheres to standard operating guidelines, desktop procedures, checklists, templates, and memorandums issued to the department.
Creates and supports an environment which fosters teamwork, cooperation, respect and diversity.
- Establishes and maintains positive communication and professional demeanor with PerformRx employees and customers at all times.
- Demonstrates and supports commitment to corporate goals and objectives.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or equivalent work experience
- Active/current National Pharmacy Technician Certification (ExCPT, NCCT or PTCB) preferred
- Minimum three (3) years of Pharmacy Benefit Manager (PBM), pharmacy operations, and/or claims processing experience required
- Progressive and focused work experience in continuous improvement initiatives, project management, and/or organizational development