This position can be worked in either Beavers Falls, PA or Alliance, OH.
PTC Alliance has invested millions of dollars in upgrading our systems to Oracle in 2 of our 8 manufacturing locations with plans to implement across all 8 facilities within the next 2 years. To accomplish our vision, we are in search of talented, driven, and customer-focused Senior Applications Developer to help support this company-wide transformation.
The Senior Oracle Applications Developer's role is to partner with customers, functional business analysts and other team members in driving appropriate design and implementation of technical solutions to meet desired business requirements. Design, develop, test, analyze, and maintain the Oracle E-Business Suite Applications within the application in support of the business function. The developer will also research, design, document, and modify software specifications throughout the production life cycle in accordance with the business goals and organizational architectural standards.
PTC Alliance Corp. is the leading manufacturer of welded and DOM mechanical steel tubing, cold-drawn seamless tubing, and fabricated, precision tubular components and plated steel bars. Major end-uses include construction and agricultural equipment, machinery and appliances, automotive and heavy truck applications. The Company is well positioned to meet the needs of its customers as a one-stop supplier of engineered solutions for precision mechanical pipe, tubing and chrome plated bar products.
The traditional business, products and markets have paved the way for a continued, strong future in the steel tube and pipe industry.
Collaborate with business analysts, business users and other developers in conceptualization and development of new technical objects within the Oracle applications environment.
- Analyze and assess existing procedures to allow the application to respond to business changes.
- Evaluate requirements from functional specifications and create efficient technical designs.
- Develop complex technical objects in accordance with the technical development standards and best practices.
- Mitigate significant risks associated with projects, which have a high technical complexity and/or involve significant challenges to the business.
- Provide generalized production technical support.
- Gather business requirements and recommend industry best practices and work with functional knowledge holders.
- Design, develop, deploy, test and maintain technical objects that exist in Oracle applications production environment, e.g., reports, interfaces, conversions and custom applications extensions.
- Create process flows, high level functional and detailed technical design specifications from business requirements.
- Provide customer support for business critical application problems and issues.
- Coordinate work efforts with the DBA and middleware teams for application change controls and system performance issues.
- Partner with business analysts and application super users to successfully complete projects.
- Assist with large scale projects. May be required to contribute to efficiency, effectiveness and success of the work.
- Conduct research into new technologies, including tools, components, and frameworks.
- Make presentations to management, business users, and peer groups as requested.
- Train and share knowledge with development teams.
Formal Education & Certification
- Bachelor degree or foreign equivalent in related field or equivalent experience.
Knowledge & Experience
- 4+ years IT experience.
- Proven development expertise and experience in the Oracle Database system including skills in Oracle SQL, Oracle PL/SQL and Oracle SQL Loader.
- Must be well versed with data models and interfaces for custom application development applicable on ERP systems.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- Expertise with database integrated development environments such as Oracle SQL Developer.
- Experience in Oracle Application Express (APEX 5.1+) development and support.
- Experience in developing complex SQL queries.
- Experience with SQL Tuning.
- Oracle Certification.
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Proven ability and initiative to learn and research new concepts, ideas, and technologies quickly.
- Strong systems/process orientation with demonstrated analytical thinking, organization skills and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to quickly pick up new tools and technologies.
- Willingness and ability to train and teach others.
- Ability to facilitate meetings and follow up with resulting action items.
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to lead and influence cross-organizationally with and without direct authority.
- Ability to effectively move forward on tasks even with ambiguous or changing requirements.
Oracle Application Express