To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Hamilton, NJ 08501
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Transportation / Logistics Manager
Vaco Financial • Hamilton, NJ
Posted 1 day ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The successful candidate should be an excellent vendor manager with outstanding communication and negotiation skills. He or she must possess a proven track record of freight management experience with the ability to work autonomously. While training will be provided, this role will call for a proactive person who is willing to learn and adapt to a fast-paced, high-volume work environment.
- Recommend and source appropriate modes of transportation to facilitate waste collection and processing (typically standard, palletized freight transportation modes are utilized versus traditional waste equipment).
- Negotiate all transportation rates to ensure cost targets are met.
- Manage all transportation vendors to meet service levels.
- Work closely with the Global VP of Operations to understand short-term and long-term department goals.
- Utilize industry experience and vendor management skills to bring new logistics capabilities in support of new business development.
- 5+ years experience in freight logistics and negotiation.
- Excellent knowledge of freight modes ranging from road to rail, sea and air as well as LTL to FTL/ FCL and specialized transport.
- Experience with customs brokerage, import/ export requirements and processes
- Experience with waste regulations is a plus
- Top-notch communication and organization skills, with strong e-mail and file management.
- Strong knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite; Microsoft Excel in particular.
- Ability to work autonomously as well as collaboratively
Benefits & Compensation:
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- Generous paid time off.
- 401(k) with company match.
- Company subsidizes health and life insurance benefits.
Additional requirements for our IT Project Manager include:
• Solid knowledge of Project Management methodologies and tools, and the software development life cycles
• Ability to thoroughly understand the business issues surrounding each project
• Ability to manage project issues, conflicts and risks, and deliver projects within budget and scope
• Ability to negotiate and deliver quality solutions to customers and develop process improvements where applicable