Systems Planning and Analysis, Inc. (SPA) is a well-established and progressive defense contracting company in the Northern Virginia area just a few miles south of the Pentagon. We are a professional services firm established in 1972 that has a long-standing reputation for unrivaled technical and analytical support to some of the top decision makers in the Federal Sector. We do state of the art work and have a cadre of outstanding professionals on our team.The Classified Systems and Cybersecurity Team under SPA's Information Technology Department establishes and maintains the classified technology infrastructure and application support services required by our analysts to deliver timely, objective and cost-effective analysis. We design, develop, and deploy hardware- and software-based solutions in close coordination with SPA's client-facing groups while adhering to strict security protocols.
SPA has an immediate need for a Senior Systems Administrator to manage local operations at a new facility in Lorton, VA. Once established, the site will provide access to multiple networks, including DoD NIPRNet and SIPRNet to support on-contract staff serving the DoD Defense Threat Reduction Agency. #CJ #IN123#IN123 #CJ
With minimal supervision, the Senior System Administrator implements technical controls to support the Cybersecurity Program, which ensures secure operations in network and computing environments at various classification levels. The System Administrator is also responsible for providing mentorship and guidance for junior system administrators troubleshooting and performing end-user support services for classified systems at our Lorton, VA facility. In this role, you will report to the Lead System Administrator while designing, building, installing and configuring physical and virtual servers/systems, virus updates, patching, maintenance, and performance tuning. As the Senior System Administrator, you will be expected to collaborate with team members to develop creative, secure, and innovative solutions for complex technical issues. You will also support Defense Counterintelligence and Security Agency (DCSA) Technical Reviews and Command Cybersecurity Readiness Inspections (CCRI) as the subject matter expert for systems administration.
- Bachelor's degree in an Information Technology related field or equivalent work experience and certifications.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of system administration experience with two (2) or more years direct experience administering networked classified systems in a Windows/Active Directory environment.
- Must meet Department of Defense 8140 certification requirements at IAT Level II. Acceptable certifications include Security+ CE, CCNA Security, CySA+, GISCP, and GSEC.
- Experience operating and maintaining Secure Video Teleconferencing (SVTC) Systems in a SIPRNet environment.
- Must have direct experience maintaining a protected distribution system for secure networking.
- Active DoD Secret security clearance.
- Experience validating system compliance using the Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP) Validation Tool.
- Experience using WSUS / IVANTI to manage updates and patches.
- Experience configuring systems for compliance using Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) and STIG Viewer.
- Information Security
- Information Technology
- Complex Problem Solving
- Information Systems
- System Administration