The Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for ensuring equipment reliability by repairing and maintaining a wide range of processing equipment across the plant/bakery.
Ideal Qualifications of the Maintenance Mechanic:
- High School Diploma or GED is preferred
- A combination of education, training and experience that results in demonstrated competency to perform the work may be substituted
- Associates degree and/or Technical School certification or training in basic electricity is preferred
Ability to troubleshoot and repair electrical systems up to 480v, 3 phase motors, hydraulic and pneumatic systems, and read and interpret electrical drawings
- Working knowledge of and ability to troubleshoot PLC’s, VFD’s and HMI’s is preferred
Preferred - 3 years’ experience maintaining manufacturing systems and equipment in an automated plant as well as training/experience with compressed air systems, boilers, pneumatics, and hydraulics.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively in a fast-paced environment and adapt to frequent changes.
- Ability to understand and follow both written and verbal instructions with high level of detail and accuracy.
- Physical requirements: ability to work 8+ hour shifts, lift 50+ pounds, stand, climb, and/or stoop for prolonged periods of time, perform repetitive motions, and work in an environment with varying temperatures and humidity.
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.