To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Atlanta, GA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Create an Account with CareerBuilder to save jobs & unlock these great features
See similar job titles and skills to help you make your next move
Upload a resume and become visible to Hiring Managers and Employers
Compare Salary Information to see where you stand amongst your peers
Easily Quick Apply to jobs with just one click!
Email Send Failed!
Data Analytics Specialist
AkzoNobel Inc • Atlanta, GA
Posted 14 days ago
Experience - 3 to 5 years
Degree - 4 Year Degree
Other Great Industries
Research, Information Technology
How Do You Compare to the Competition?
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Our Vehicle Refinishes Business Unit is a leading supplier of products, color technology and state-of-the-art customer services for automotive refinishing and commercial vehicle and rail original equipment manufacturer (OEM) and repair. Our global Sikkens Premium brand has high quality products and services, and a position in emerging markets. We are leaders and innovators in digital color.
We currently have an outstanding opportunity for a passionate, experienced Data Analytics Specialist.
The primary purpose of this position is to ensure that AkzoNobel can meet or exceed its contractual obligations to Carbeat customers in the area of Carbeat data analysis and reporting. Using the latest analytic tools and processes, we can maximize our offerings and deliver unparalleled service and support. Secondly, the Data Analytics Specialist will advance AkzoNobel’s ability to leverage all customer data by combining it with other sources of data that will reveal greater insights about their businesses. This will lead to future AI applications that will give AkzoNobel a differential advantage in the market.
- Carbeat Tableau report development and maintenance owner
- Support the development of other data driven services for VR- (scans, benchmarking tools, audits, data platform, etc.
- Administer Tableau Online, user administration, set-up and maintenance
- Develop effective business intelligence strategies and analytics solutions.
- Oversee analytics projects to extract, manage, and analyze customer data from multiple applications, ensuring that deadlines are met.
- Apply statistics and data modeling to gain actionable business insights and boost customer productivity and revenue.
- Communicate and track key performance metrics across departments.
- Identify business opportunities and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Generate reports of findings and present these to management.
- Keep abreast of industry best practices and connect Insights from customer data to Solutions.
- Identify trends and opportunities for growth through analysis of complex data sets
- Work directly with customers and our Services staff to gather requirements for dashboard design and prioritization
- Participate in the development of a central data platform to leverage all customer data
This position will have independent decision making for the following tasks/responsibilities:
- Prioritization of new reports to serve customers better
- Design and set-up decisions
- Working knowledge of data mining principles: predictive analytics, mapping, collecting data from multiple data systems on premises and cloud-based data sources.
- Results-driven and ability to handle multiple projects.
- Strong SQL and MySQL skills, ability to perform effective querying involving multiple tables and subqueries.
- Understanding of and experience using analytical concepts and statistical techniques: hypothesis development, designing tests/experiments, analyzing data, drawing conclusions, and developing actionable recommendations for customers
- Strong problem solving, quantitative and analytical abilities.
- Experience with data preparation and visualization tools: Tableau, Alteryx etc.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- 3 - 5 years' experience in an Analytics Specialist position or similar role is required. We’re looking for someone with work experience in a position monitoring, managing, manipulating and drawing insights from data
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal and time-management skills.
- Proficient in business intelligence tools, software, and dashboards.
- Bachelor's Degree in Analytics, Computer Science, or related field
Motivated by solving complex analytical problems
Ability to work in the AkzoNobel corporate environment
Employment at AkzoNobel is contingent upon the successful completion of both a pre-employment background check and a drug screening. In some case, pre-employment physicals may also be required.
All candidates hired must be able to provide proper documentation of their eligibility to work in the US.
AkzoNobel is an E-Verify Employer.
AkzoNobel is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans (M/F/D/V)
As a leading coatings company AkzoNobel is proud to offer a competitive compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, dental and vision coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and much more.
Job ID: 190001PU
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Created
Well, this is embarrassing. We are having trouble saving your search. You can try again or come back at a later time.