Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Hubbell Power Systems (HPS) engages in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of products used by utilities. Today, HPS is deeply engaged in product solutions for OSP Communication utility purposes, and has been actively growing that segment of the business. HPS roots have historically been in high voltage transmission, distribution, substation, underground products used by electric utilities. HPS products are also used in the civil construction, transportation, gas and water industries.
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
Hubbell Power Systems- Switching & Fusing
8100 Churchill Ave
Leeds, AL 35094
The Sr. Product Engineer will be involved in all facets of engineering related to the products made by HPS Switching and Fusing product line, will become highly practiced and proficient in the design and testing of products for the electric utility industry and will be involved in standards activities. The Sr. Product Engineer will also support manufacturing, quality, and applications roles in activities concerning the product design and education of the product design.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Manage progress and action items for ongoing design projects.
• Support new product development.
• Coordinate design for manufacturability.
• Coordinate IEEE product testing.
• Troubleshoot, provide failure analysis on defective material.
• Participate in Material Cost Take Out and product enhancement.
• Communicate with customers regarding specification interpretation/clarification.
• Initiate engineering change notices and requests for the USCO switch product group.
• Develop, modify and manage Bills of Material as necessary.
• Design and drawing creation for product parts and assemblies utilizing AutoCAD and AutoDesk
• Participate in and, at times, lead Continuous Improvement initiatives.
• Must be willing to help with other tasks and assist other team members as needed.
Skills and Experience
• BS degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or other relevant field
• Experience in a design or product engineering related field for minimum 6-10 years
• Must have CAD experience, with the ability to create and manipulate drawings
• Experience in strength of materials, statics, and relevant manufacturing processes
• Must be able to travel up to 20%
• Experience in medium/high voltage switchgear engineering for 5+ years
• Experience with interpretation of industry standards
• Significant manufacturing process knowledge including casting, machining and all metals
• Must be able to read and properly interpret electrical schematics
• Experience in testing procedures outlined in the applicable IEEE standards
• Competent in material cost take out initiatives
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.
Computer Aided Design
Design For Manufacturability (Industrial Design)