To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Minneapolis, MN
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Applications Systems Engineer 5 - Full Stack Developer
Wells Fargo • Minneapolis, MN
Posted 1 month ago
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers’ expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers’ financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
Wealth and Investment Management (WIM) businesses build enduring client relationships through sound, thoughtful and objective advice. We help our clients by developing individualized plans for everything from retirement goals to business succession planning, to family legacy intentions. Services include comprehensive planning and advice, investment management, brokerage, private banking, estate planning strategies, trust, insurance and both individual and institutional retirement.
Wealth and Investment Management (WIM) within the Enterprise Information Technology (EIT) business provides technology support to a full range of personalized wealth management, investment and retirement products and services to clients across U.S. based businesses including Wells Fargo Advisors (WFA).
About the Role:
This is an Application Developer lead position on the ADS - Application Delivery Services/Business Integration Group for Wells Fargo Advisors Brokerage Technology. The Business Integration Group (BIG) manages, maintains and provides support to technology centric, distributed systems for Wells Fargo Advisors and WIM. BIG provides technology leadership to complex/major risk and technology refresh initiatives and drive solutions to various engineering capabilities across WFA and WIM technology teams. BIG also oversees audit requests and reporting needs across the teams.
Every day our technology team addresses some of the most complex technical and business opportunities. This individual will work on production support focusing on keeping systems highly available to meet service level agreements by providing production stability and a high degree of 24x7 availability. Individual will be the escalation point for distributed application support and troubleshoot working directly with offshore team members and various internal application team partners.
This position provides technical leadership for the high project demand and technology refresh efforts to provide oversight and lead/drive the application developers for execution and implementation of WIM architecture strategies (SOA, BPM, UX, API and Events). This position is also required to cover production support and daily business interaction as well as significant coordination with the Business Analysts, Architecture and key stakeholders on projects. Acts as a technical lead in providing application design guidance and consultation, utilizing a thorough understanding of applicable technology, tools and existing designs. Analyzes highly complex business requirements, designs and writes technical specifications to design or redesign complex computer platforms and applications. Provides coding direction to less experienced staff or develops highly complex original code. Acts as an expert technical resource for modeling, simulation and analysis efforts. In addition, responsibilities include C# .Net, API, Java Script and Oracle/SQL coding, leading production deployments, investigating and solving production code defects, recommending performance improvements, assuring disaster recovery verifications are completed, and ensuring servers, networking, firewalls, and other components are available according to the SLA. Close coordination will be needed with business analysts, help desk, and infrastructure resources. Strong technical, interpersonal, and communications (both written and verbal) skills are required, including the ability be able to communicate issue status and remediation planning to Business User Community in terminology easily understood.
- 7+ years of application development and implementation experience
- 5+ years of development experience with one or more of the following: Java, C++, C#, C, or .NET
- 5+ years of experience working with Relationship Database Management Systems (RDBMS) such as SQL Server, Oracle or MySQL
- 5+ years of Object Oriented Design (OOD) experience
- Experience with Waterfall and Agile project methodologies
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding of technical infrastructure and relational databases
- Systems vulnerability management experience
- Knowledge and understanding of Information Security Frameworks and standards (FFIEC, NIST, ISO)
- Knowledge and understanding of patch management
- Knowledge and understanding of database installation and patching
- Ability to execute in a fast paced, high demand, environment while balancing multiple priorities
- Ability to assess issues, make quick decisions, implement solutions, and influence change
- Ability to influence and build relationships with LOB stakeholders, technology CIO leadership, external service providers, and architecture teams
- Knowledge and understanding of technical leadership including large, visible, cross group projects across multiple technologies
Other Desired Qualifications
- 3+ years of API/micro services development, UI and Angular, Caching technologies at the applications, Service and database layers
- Experience with third party and counter party integration including vendor platforms, market makers and exchanges
- Experience with PowerPoint, Visio and/or other system design and communications tools
- Demonstrated ability to gather and create both functional and technical requirements and build specification documents
- Knowledge of architecture standards and methodologies, such as Gartner, TOGAF, and/or Zachman
MN-Minneapolis: 550 South 4th St - Minneapolis, MN
NC-Charlotte: 401 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
MO-Saint Louis: 1 N Jefferson Ave - Saint Louis, MO
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.