To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Bay St. Louis, MS
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Technical Lead Software Engineer, Secret Government Clearance Required
General Dynamics Information Technology • Bay St. Louis, MS
Posted 6 days ago
General Dynamics IT has an opening for a Principal Software Programmer and Technical Lead at Stennis Space Center, MS.
Successful candidate must be able to obtain and hold a Department of Defense security clearance. Candidates must be a U.S. citizen.
Seeking a motivated and energetic Software Engineer to join our superb team of software professionals. We want a dedicated individual who wants to develop
innovative solutions and lead our team of Java/C/C# developers to success. Excells as the Technical Lead for cutting edge projects:
- Researches, designs, develops and/or modifies enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software.
- Designs, develops, codes, tests, and debugs complex new software products, or makes significant enhancements to existing software.
- Researches and integrates design strategies, product specifications, development schedules, and user expectations into product capabilities.
- Resolves complex hardware/software compatibility and interface design considerations.
- Conducts investigations and tests of considerable complexity.
- Researches emerging technologies to determine impact on application execution.
- Provides input to staff involved in writing and updating technical documentation such as user manuals, system documentation, and training materials.
- Troubleshoots complex problems and provides customer support for software operating systems and application issues.
- Advises hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems, such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements.
- Prepares reports on analyses, findings, and project progress.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced software engineers.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
Plans, develops, tests, and documents client/server applications programs.
- As Technical Lead, is responsible for the technical success of the team and project.
- Generates new code and corrects, converts, and/or modifies existing code to meet specifications.
- Prepares detailed specifications from which code will be written.
- Confers with end-users to analyze specified methods and procedures, identify problems, and document specific requirements.
- Writes and updates technical documentation such as users’ manuals, product specifications, and training materials.
- Performs a variety of testing procedures on assigned products, analyzes test results, and corrects problems.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Reviews and evaluates software products, systems, and documentation to ensure adherence to company and customer quality standards as a member of an Agile Scrum Team.
- Mentors more junior members of the team in proper coding and documentation procedures.
- 8-10 years of related software development experience.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.